A Honda & Acura Forum and technical discussion board. Topics include hybrid and swap information, turbo installation, tuning, ecu chipping, jdm parts and accessories, suspension setups and much more. Join us at HondaSwap.com
This is a discussion on 96 'lude obd2 f22 to obd1 h22 swap questions in the HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD forum
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions about my swap. I have a 96 prelude with the obd2 sohc f22. I want to swap an obd1 h22 into it and need some info. I plan on using my f22 harness, a ...
| || |
| || ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|07-19-2006, 01:15 AM||#1|
96 'lude obd2 f22 to obd1 h22 swap questions
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions about my swap. I have a 96 prelude with the obd2 sohc f22. I want to swap an obd1 h22 into it and need some info. I plan on using my f22 harness, a p13 obd1 ecu, along with my f22 tranny and flywheel.
1. Can I use a h22 power steering pump and line and bend it at the lower part like accord folks can?
2. How many plugs will I have to change on my obd2 harness? I know I need an adapter harness at the ecu, I will have to wire up the vtec, and (correct me If Im wrong) I have to wire the crank angle sensor into the distributer and address the internal external coil issues.
3. Can someone link me to a page that has in depth wiring how to's for this setup?
4. I can use my f22 a/c compressor and bracket? Correct?
5. I need to extend the fuel line or use my f22 fuel rail? Correct?
6. Do I need a different passenger side motor mount like accord folks or are all my mounts ok?
7. Does my f22 harness have a wire for the IAB? I read somewhere you can just run a vacum line straight to the Intake manifold? Correct?
That should clear up any grey area I have about this swap. Dont be afraid to flame me if all this info is somwhere else, but i have looked high and low for this sort of swap info including bought the "ultimate h22 swap guide" and a "honda swaps" book. I understand this swap is similair to the accord swap so ive been trying to read up on that. If someone could confirm the questions I listed or link me to some info that will help me I would be very appreciative.
Thanks to all of you who help, Grant
|07-20-2006, 07:20 PM||#2|
1. Probably, it might be a perfect fit for your car. Get a hose for your year Prelude with a H22.
2. I'd get a OBD2 H22, since your harness is OBD2. Then use a jumper harness at the ECU to use an OBD1 ECU.
3. Somebody else.
4. Probably so.
5. Not sure. Depends on where your fuel line leaves the filter, and which side the fuel rail inlet is on. Don't worry too much.
6. Don't know.
7. Some F22's do and some don't, depends on model level.
|07-21-2006, 12:09 AM||#3|
Thanks tab, anyone know how many plugs will work, if any, or how many I will have to change to use my obd2 harness with the obd1 h22, im guessin this wiring and swap in general would be similar to a 96-97 accord swap.
Thanks again to all who helo out, Grant
|02-17-2008, 01:46 AM||#5|
|02-19-2008, 04:35 PM||#6|
What kind of jumper harness would he need......Just wondering because I'm doing the same thing....
|02-19-2008, 07:33 PM||#7|
|02-27-2008, 10:02 AM||#8|
1. You could, i suggest just getting the correct high pressure line. Hmotorsonline has some. you will have to call them to explain to them what you need.
2. no help here
3. there is no in depth wiring. there are two wires for vtec and one for knock...just get a helms
4. Yes you can
5. I dont believe so. on the accords the line is long enough
6. no, you can just trim up the mount to make it fit, its not a big deal. the f22 accord and prelude mounts are the same.
7. i highly doubt it, and you dont need to wire it up. it works off of vacuume.
94 Accord, JDM h22a, bpi velocity stack, euro r tb 65-70mm taper bore, ported head, ss flat valves, S2P1 cams, S2 Cam Gears, Black Trax intake manifold, Hytech Rep Header, Race Ready E-Cutout
|02-28-2008, 09:27 PM||#9|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|H22 swap into 2.2CL/automatic||CL 97||HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD||1||02-16-2007 02:41 PM|
|Help, ASAP...OBD1 LS swap into an OBD2 harness/car||NickW||HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC||3||09-28-2004 02:03 PM|
|Whats A Difference In Obd1 And Obd2?||hondacivicnos||Engine Building||7||03-27-2003 12:46 AM|
|B18b Swap + Obd2 To Obd1 Conversion||Baker||HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC||5||02-28-2003 10:11 PM|
|OBD2 To OBD1 Swap||butterdogg||HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC||7||02-13-2003 12:18 PM|