00 alero

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatdude4

at lights the car wants to roll forwarrd even with clutch pushed down? anybody know what could be the problem.

Grand Ams.... err... I mean Alero's came with manuals?

:blink:

News to me...

How about you just keep your foot on the brake?

Clutch master cylinder

Slave cylinder

Leak in the line

Worn out clutch

take your pick...

yeah man, if you are in a manual tranny car, you need to hold the brake to stay stopped if you are not on a flat level surface.

or could be news to me that the alero came with some nevermoveswiththeclutchpushedin option.

Well I guess were all wrong, they did: Link. I'll keep my mouth shut and stick to a Honda.

Alero
Cavalier
Grand Am
Sunfire

same drivetrains and they were available w/manuals (we've got a manual Alero at work)

It really shouldn't go anywhere. I'd check the fluid, make sure there are no bubbles in the lines, then re-adjust the freeplay in the clutch. It may be out of adjustment. This is assuming its a hydro system..

Not that I know a damned thing about aleros.. Well.. I know alot about them but my mommy said "if you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all".

So I'll STFU.

there is air in your clutch line.... bleed the system and new fluid in and you will be fine

my 4Runner did that too. The clutch isn't fully letting go. I bet it's tough to shift as well.

change the fluid.

Back