1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

00 b16 in 98 hatch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ANIMOsity, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ANIMOsity

ANIMOsity New Member

im using the engine harness that came with the motor and the car runs. It's just that my certain things don't work like the tach, speedo, odo, a/c, radiator fan, and the fuel pump relay doesn't click off when it's on the ON position.

Is there a way to re-wire the obd2b engine harness to work with my 98 civic (obd2a)?

2. JDMB20Coupe

JDMB20Coupe Powerd With 1 Cam

check the harness for breakes or striped spotts

3. ANIMOsity

ANIMOsity New Member

there shouldn't be any breaks in the harness but i'll check. If i did my research right, the problem is that i'm using a obd2b harness in the obd2a car. so i was wondering if there was any way at all to rewire the obd2b harness to work with a obd2a car.

4. ilubmyEG

ilubmyEG New Member

You using a OBD2a or b ECU?

5. ANIMOsity

ANIMOsity New Member

ecu and harness is obd2b

6. ilubmyEG

ilubmyEG New Member

This is one of the swaps I think that are not reccommended. What you need to do is get a jumper harness and convert it to obd1, or run a stock ecu with a jumper harness to obd2a

7. ANIMOsity

ANIMOsity New Member

I've already tried a obd2b - obd1 jumper harness with a chipped ecu...nothing changed. I'm guessing the problem is on the driver side of the engine harness but I could be wrong. Does anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram/schematics of both obd2a and obd2b harnesses?

8. ANIMOsity

ANIMOsity New Member

9. 92eg_hatch

92eg_hatch New Member

no your problem is you need a 96-98 honda civic ex wiring harness (obd2a) and put it on the 00 b16..you just have to extend your O2 sensor and you have to change one sensor i cant think off hand which one it is from a 3 plug to a 2 plug.....then you put an obd2a to obd1 jumper harness with obd1 ecu...or you could just rewire your whole car for a 99-00 si your call...been there done that..i had a 97 civic dx coupe with a jdm sir II b16a in it wit a junk harness so i went to honda and spent like 500 bux on a 99 si harness and come to find out that it wasnt gonna work so i ate 500 bux

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted