**00' b18c5 into 96 ek**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AC2i0v0i0c

I'm putting a 00' b18c5 into a 96 ek and I've heard that since I'm using the itr's ecu I would also need to use the key from the itr and switch the ignition system. Also, trying to get some energy suspension motor inserts. Does anyone know if I buy the inserts for the car or engine? What motor mounts would I also need. I know I would need a rear and driver side mount from a 99-00 si. What mount would I need from the itr?

I am not sure about the igniton system but I think you would be better going in a different direction. Instead sell the ITR ecu and get an obd2 to ob21 harness plus p28/with uberdata (or get it chipped to run the ITR). This will let you do tuning to get more power out of your setup. As far as the mounts go visit hasport; they have what you are looking for, and their mounts have no equal.

what about all the mounts, I wasn't able to find any studs or rubbers. The swap already includes a 00' si rear mount and all the brackets. What are the remaining mounts and studs and rubbers would I need?

You don't have to change keys or anything. Wiring isn't too bad. I didn't do mine, but the guys that did, didn't have a problem. I did the same swap and I'm happy with it. The stock ecu worked fine for me. You'll need the front driver side mount from an SI. DOn't know about the studs...those were in my motor already and the ruber was in my mount, but I got HAsport mounts. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Aug 31 2004, 06:21 PM
You don't have to change keys or anything. Wiring isn't too bad. I didn't do mine, but the guys that did, didn't have a problem. I did the same swap and I'm happy with it. The stock ecu worked fine for me. You'll need the front driver side mount from an SI. DOn't know about the studs...those were in my motor already and the ruber was in my mount, but I got HAsport mounts. Let me know if you have any other questions.
[post=384427]Quoted post[/post]​

Does you car shake during idle? Since the engine is a OBD2b and my car is a OBD2a would i need to buy a wiring harness conversion?

It shakes bad. I can't see out of my driver side mirror, its just a blur. As far as the harness goes, I'm not too sure. The guys who did it rewired the motor completely and I don't think they used a converter. I'll take a pic of the wires tomorrow and put it up in here. They did a clean job.

I need to put some miles on it. I've only driven to the track twice sicnce its been done. Been really busy with life lately. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Waiting for my energy suspension motor mount inserts to come in then I'm sure I'll have more questions. I should get them next week, and depending on where the hurricane is going to hit also may delay my swap. Thanks for the help so far though.

So the coupe and hatch have the same lettering? EJ is both coupe and hatch in the US and EK is both hatch and coupe in japan? I didn't know that shit. hmm...

Back