'00 Civic EX B16A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jclaar

"Why didn't you just get a f-ing Si?!!" I know, I know. I've been kicking myself ever since I got this car. I was saving for a turbo when a flash flood in Baltimore gave my CAI a cool drink of H2O (anyone who says the AEM bypass valve is a waste of money is mistaken). Needless to say, the top half of my engine (if not more) is shot. Instead of getting the D16 fixed, I would rather swap it. Would it be farely easy to put a B16 OBD2 in my EX considering it is one step away from the Si?My Car

The swap should be easy !! I think if your purchase a complete swap, all you will need is the rear engine mount from a Si model civic.

Off the subject, how do you like the DC Sports twin canister pipe ?

Nice Car !!! I like what you've done !!!

Thanks. I've sunk a lot of time and energy into it. The TCS exhaust is great. It's pretty quiet considering the flow. I just hope I can get it ready for Nopi.

the swap will be easy, everything will bolt up, all you need is a rear bracket from an SI($60) from hasport. the wiring harness will plug in, since both cars are OBD2

It might be an Sir-2 engine OBD2. Is there much difference? I've had a quote of $3400 installed and he can have the engine tommorrow.

If its a JDM motor, then you're gonna have to use your EX engine harness anyway. Other than that, you might need the engine block mount from the 99-00 SI (another $70). Still easy, since you are gonna change your timming belt too right? :D

Back