00 cx hatch planning on b18c jdm gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Techep3

I just picked up a 2000 cx hatch and am planning on putting in a jdm gsr engine. I would like know any info I might need, I'm new to b series engines. so far what I have found is I'll need the 99-00 si rear mount bracket, my stock harness and add vtec, knock sensor, and swap some of the conectors. probably going to need the obd2b to obd2a harness too. linkages and axles

here is what I am unsure about
the slave cyl/master cyl and hard line on trans
fuel pump, filter and line to rail
radiator hoses
throttle cable
ecu?? use the one it came with?

I think that is everything, please any help would be greatly appreiciated!!
also I'm a dealer tech and I have a very high attention to detail. I Do Not want anything hacked up, I'll spend the money to do it right the first time.

I swapped a LS Vtec in my 98 HX. Swap is pretty easy. For all your wiring go to FF-Squad, google it. you are correct on the 99-00 Si rear trans bracket, you also need a 99-00 Si drivers side upper mount bracket, its behind the timing belt covers, all stock D series rubber will work if in good shape. The stock clutch and lines will all line up, some slight hand bending may be needed for clearance. Your stock fuel pump and lines will all match 100%. You will need a GSR throttle cable. As for a ECU get a P28 and Hondata for tuning you will be getting a IHE right??? Get it tuned to get the most out of it. You will need GSR radiator hoses, they will be larger than the D16's but they work on the stock radiator just fine, need hose clamps. The CX if I am correct lacks AC and PS so you wont need to worry about that. If you have them let me know and I will cover that as well. You will need 99-00 Si or 94-01 Integra axles and shift linkage. The D series and B series crank sensors are also different but JDM motors dont have them another reason to to go Hondata, makes it simpler + more whp. Wiring is all very simple and with any experience level can be gone, again FF-squad for wiring.

Back