00 DB8 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowly

two quick snapshots of my DB8 Gsr. bought it back in summer of 2009 with 93k on the clock paid 3k. brought it back to life and just getting deeper.

i am into the stock look.:)

n2.jpg

n1.jpg

i believe there is an ITR swap lined up for this, correct?? you were the one w/ the tranny ordeal

i believe there is an ITR swap lined up for this, correct?? you were the one w/ the tranny ordeal

Yes, that is me wrong trans dude..

eng/trans will be dropped in about two weeks from now. need to pass emissions first. right now the engine was taken apart,
belts, t-stat, all gaskets were changed(valve cover, oil pan, dist o-ring, vtec solenoid) and anything in between thats needed. block, head, intake, trans were all cleaned.

looking 100x better...

engine is ready....

what you guys think....

thanks for all the complements!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Well guys, going to emissions tomorrow it should pass with no problems.

download.jpg

Where did you get your motor from? Not saying it's a lemon but damn, no distributor, no itr header, no itr flywheel? And now you gotta run an ebay clutch kit and flywheel...?

Hope everything turns out ok...

Ha ha lemon, parts that are missing are getting swaped from the p72 motor cannot reuse ITR. dist, vtec unit, ss header. From p72 engine.

Looks good with those GSR Blades! My Ex bought a new DB8 GSR in 99. I lowered it....she hated it :)
I do remember it being small feeling between the doors when I got in and out. (I'm 6'2" but my hatch is so much easier)

Love the motor swap! Is it 96 or 98+ spec?

In your other thread.....I saw a distributor too :shrug2:

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/jdm-engine-depot-online-ebay-seller-522442/

Try to keep up, noob. Looks like theres a header, but still no distributor. And no confirmation on a flywheel.

You work fast man, keep up the good work.
My bad, forgot it was essential to keep up on everyone's threads. It's not like life exist outside of HS. What was I thinking? My apologies once again...

OP - When I first got my DB8 I planned on doing an ITR swap as well but circumstances changed so the plans had to change :( Good luck finishing yours up :thumbsup:

it is a complete swap, some items that i will be swapping over from the other engine over to the ITR, like the dist have a MSD w/external coil, vtec unit(solenoid, oil press switch) jdm missing oil pressure switch. got a 12lb flywheel. i got the p73 ecu but will be running a P06 ecu with ITR basemaps.

Back