00 GSR Engine in 98 GSR Chassis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have:

00 GSR Engine put in a 98 GSR Chassis.
00 Engine and Cabin Wires.

Also have:

00 GSR ECU
98 GSR ECU (P72)
00 GSR Stock Dash Gauges

I dont have the 00 GSR Ignition w/ Key that corresponds to the 00 GSR ECU so I definitely have to use the 98 GSR ECU because of the immobilizer in the 00 GSR ECU.

I believe I have to get a obd2b to obd2a wire conversion harness to use the 98 GSR ECU but is there anything else I need to change, convert or splice to get the everything working?

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by shortdahri@Apr 1 2005, 01:25 AM
I know I have to get a OBD2 to OBD1 wire conversion harness to use the 98 GSR ECU but is there anything else I need to change, convert or splice to get the everything working?
[post=481227]Quoted post[/post]​

wrong man 98 and 00 is still in the obd2 area you should have to do anything really the teg as a shock tower mount and you should just unhook the shock tower plugs and plug in your new engine and go for it!

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 1 2005, 02:34 AM
wrong man 98 and 00 is still in the obd2 area you should have to do anything really the teg as a shock tower mount and you should just unhook the shock tower plugs and plug in your new engine and go for it!
[post=481230]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yea, sorry you're right (edited my original post).

I definitely have to use the 98 GSR ECU because of the immobilizer in the 00 GSR ECU (I dont have the 00 GSR Key that corresponds to the 00 GSR ECU).

Is there such a thing as the obd2b to obd2a wire conversion harness? If so, where can I get it?

get one from boomslangs website- or turbomirage on here has a thread about himself selling them

Back