00" si problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr.mugato

new and confused
I got a 2000 civic si of an auction, the guy that drove it hit a rock or something and it chipped the tranny to where you can see the fly wheel, when i start it i can hear some grinding noise, i think some of the teeth might of broken off, my question is can i put like a ex tranny on it since im low on cash right now?

no, an EX tranny will not work. You need a transmission from any 99-00 civic si, 94-97 del sol vtec, 94-01 integra gsr/type r, or 94-01 integra ls (you don't really want that)

Only a b series transmission will fit your car

alright, and for the fly wheel do i have to replace the whole thing or can i just change the ring on it?

replace the whole thing. you can find a used stock one for cheap (i have one laying around). Just get it resurfaced

idk... ill sell you mine for like 10 bucks plus shipping (im in akron, ohio kinda far:eek:). Its from a jdm gsr motor. It has like 40k miles on it. It came with a swap and i replaced it with a lightweight one when i did the swap.

i'll let you know tomorrow.... its 1:20 am here and I have a final at 9AM :mad:, plus I'm at at at school in dayton, and I wont be in akron where the part is until tomorrow night.

Ok I did some looking around online and it looks like the flywheel weighs anywhere from 17-19 lbs. I was conservative and did a quote for a 19lb package shipped from my town to your zip. Here is the quote off fedex:
4 day ground shipping is $18.63
2 shipping is 76 bucks, and 1 day air shipping is just plain reduculous.

The price is so high because the damn thing is so heavy. Let me know what you want to do. I also have the clutch that came with the swap. You may want that too incase shit got into your transmission and messed up the friction surface of your clutch. Oh yeah, if you can find anything cheaper from other shipping places such as DHL, my zip is 44281.

Last edited:
Back