00 Si with Si Tranny with 00 GSR longblock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maniac978

I have a 2000 Civic Si. My car Hydrolocked and killed the block. So I Now have Si tranny with GSR longblock. And Si ECU..... First problem is that (sounds kinda silly)
It looks like Si Header will fit the GSR block. But no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get it to fit. So I stayed witht the GSR header. But the problem is that the GSR header is bout 6-8 inches shorter then the Si header. And the Si header has a Sensor on it but the GSR header does not. Someone please tell me where to put the Sensor and what to do about the gap? Going nuts

There is an 8mm difference in the length of the headers (gsr and Si) thats why they dont fit... the Si header is hitting the oil pan right?

Go to a muffler shop, take both headers with you and have them weld a bung onto the gsr header at the same place it is on the Si header, then get them to either lengthen the b-pipe or make a custom extention for you

That is the best way to do it.

*note* the Si ecu wont allow the secondary butterfly to function (this is presuming you are using the gsr intake mani)... I suggest you swap the intake manifolds from your Si engine onto the gsr, while you are at it, get a hondata intake manifold gasket.

Originally posted by Sed8ed Posted: Aug 26 2003+ 05:13 AM -->
Sed8ed Posted: Aug 26 2003 @ 05:13 AM ) said:
Go to a muffler shop, take both headers with you and have them weld a bung onto the gsr header at the same place it is on the Si header, then get them to either lengthen the b-pipe or make a custom extention for you

That is the best way to do it.
Hell ya it is.

Sed8ed Posted: Aug 26 2003
@ 05:13 AM
I suggest you swap the intake manifolds from your Si engine onto the gsr, while you are at it, get a hondata intake manifold gasket.

They have different bolt patterns, sell the Si IM, and get the Skunk2 for the GSR.

also, the cat on the GSR is longer than that on a b16. so it might not bolt up right there either. stick to the header for the block. its your best bet.

get the o2 bung welded onto the gsr header, then get in touch with hybridgarage.com and have them custom make you a high flow cat to the length that you want. the muffler shop is definately a good start

Back