00 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well hes swaped many engines, hes been working on cars for like 30 years idk, i jus wana kno wat ill need

show me 1 site that praises the F series so much.

just print out the b-series swap guide.

get a stock obd-2 b16 or b18c replacement.

somebody else was spouting off about the f-series a while back, i challenged him for a link 3 times in the thread. never got it posted.

Just looking at the numbers on wikipedia for all of the F series motors, damn that series sucked compared to the B series.

bisi is the only person to ever do anything with the F. its over-rated.

anyone can bolt anything in. its wiring it up thats tricky.

how much money do you have and how much power do you want?

if i was in your shoes, i would just rebuild the block with oem parts. cost maybe $500, then you can get a killer turbo setup.

if you must, just buy a stock long block and save for a turbo.

you do realize that if "you wanna go fast" you need to be able to slow down and control it.

yes i have new high porformence roters and pads, so you suggest a rebuild with a good quality turbo setup, ight thats deff an option thanx

if the car still runs fine, i would get the turbo and tune it. then rebuild when it blows.

if it aint broke, don't fix it. don't replace parts that aren't broken. and when they do break, upgrade.

Big dreams you have. If your going turbo you'll need to do alot. Research it!

These guys know what their talking about, Tear the B16A2 down and get to work rebuilding it. Your going to blow it up eventually anyways...So just use the motor you got.

You need to do more than "a lil" research or your project wont even make it off the ground. 2500 bucks huh? That might get you a nice turbo setup. You might wanna start thinking more like 8-10 grand if your going to do it right.

Last edited:
really?.. so i guess my friends 92 b18 with a garret turbo installed(310 at the wheel) for 5000, whitch has been running for 8 months now, didnt do it right

Talking about it and doing it are two seperate things dude...See what most noobs problem is, Is this.

Your calculating how much money it would cost you for the parts you need to do the job and you seem to forget that things go wrong, and they can go wrong in many different aspects. ;)

And your on here talking to guys that have done it and know their shit from experience and hard research.

Do your research and let us know how it goes...Shit I hope everything comes together for you on the first try man, But im willing to bet it wont and your dream of having a b18c boosted can quickly turn into a nightmare.

Last edited:
really?.. so i guess my friends 92 b18 with a garret turbo installed(310 at the wheel) for 5000, whitch has been running for 8 months now, didnt do it right
you just proved my point dummy.

turbo your motor that is in there already. did your friend rebuild his motor before turbo'ing it? i doubt it. and it has 310hp for 8 months.

you keep telling US stuff. you don't need our opinion. just start wrenching.

he bought a b18c5 with 80 simthin miles, replaced worn stuff like head, gaskets, new pistons, and then installed the garet turbo with his dad..
i not tryen 2 b a jerk or watever, basicly money isent a thing cuz i can always save what i need,
i appriciate the comments

whoa, i have no clue what you just said.

and something you should know, high mileage doesn't make an engine bad. you could have a gem with 200k or a pos with 30k. it's about maintenence and how it's driven on.

head gaskets don't usually go bad. there is no reason to take apart an engine unless you are upgrading stuff or it's broke. if something runs fine, do a compression test and if everything is ok, boost it.

engine

I'd try and get my hands on a b16B (out of a 1998-2001 civic type R [JDM]), not a b16A or b18C. You'll get 185hp stock as oppose to 160hp or 178hp respectively. It will give you a strong base to start with, and then you can save up for proper turbo components. IMO I'd avoid the ebay specials in regards to turbo set-ups. Don't forget your ARP headstuds! Just my opinion.

I'd try and get my hands on a b16B (out of a 1998-2001 civic type R [JDM]), not a b16A or b18C. You'll get 185hp stock as oppose to 160hp or 178hp respectively. It will give you a strong base to start with, and then you can save up for proper turbo components. IMO I'd avoid the ebay specials in regards to turbo set-ups. Don't forget your ARP headstuds! Just my opinion.
yeah, because b16b's are soooo common in the states. plus they are too high of compression for a turbo to run much boost.

b16b is better for all motor. b16 is great for turbo, low cost and easy to find.

Back