00si in 94 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

going to run a 00si engine in a 94 CX as obd1, I can get a 98 integra harness to use, I know I will have to wire vtec after my self which is no problem, was just wondering if the 98 integra harness would work for me on this engine or will there be a lot of plugs i have to change.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Feb 11 2005, 03:41 PM
going to run a 00si engine in a 94 CX as obd1, I can get a 98 integra harness to use, I know I will have to wire vtec after my self which is no problem, was just wondering if the 98 integra harness would work for me on this engine or will there be a lot of plugs i have to change.
[post=459649]Quoted post[/post]​

if you use a 98 harness, everything should plug in, except for the butterfly valve on the intake, but you dont have those so dont worry, if you are using a 98 harness you are going to need a jumper harness to run an obd 1 ecu. thats the basics

Since your car is always the strong obd1 I would leave it alone. You need to run wires for vtec and you need to rewire you 1-wire o2 sensor to a 4 wire 02. Take the dizzy and injectors and sell them for obd1 stuff. Then plug and play :)

the obd2 harness will plug right in to his obd1 shock towers,he can use this harness on the obd2 engine with his obd1 car with no problems at all.

I know for sure because I did it with my 95dx and a 00b16a2 with a 98 gsr harness,no jumper,obd1 ecu.he will still have to wire vtec though and I had to extend my IAT sensor wires by a few inches but that will depend on what intake he uses.

the civic from 96-00 don't have shock tower plugs like the obd1 civics do just use your stock harness and leave your civic obd1 take it from me because i am using obd2 wiring with an obd1 ecu so much better!

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 13 2005, 12:08 AM
the civic from 96-00 don't have shock tower plugs like the obd1 civics do just use your stock harness and leave your civic obd1 take it from me because i am using obd2 wiring with an obd1 ecu so much better!
[post=460268]Quoted post[/post]​

are you sure that he has a 1 wire o2 sensor, maybe its different in the states, but i have a 1994 CX sitting in my garage right now that i just ripped the d15 out of and it has a 4 wire o2. but like i said, maybe it is differnet in the U.S.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 13 2005, 12:08 AM
[post=460268]Quoted post[/post]​

He has a 94 cx,the cannon plugs on a 98 integra harness will fit into his shocktowers.

I see no reason for him to change all the injectors,dist,ect,ect when to put the 00sib16a2 into his car he can plug a 98 integra harness into the engine and into the obd1 shocktowers on his car,it will still run obd1 and is in my opinion the easiest way to swap this engine in this car.

oh ok, yeah i see your point, i confused myself,! i stand corrected

hmm weird! something to note i geuss. funny cause this CX i bought is an american car! no rust!! :D

cant wait to come work in the states with no rust out by da beach!

Back