01' Accord build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I am back! It has been awhile and after a little bit of trouble with the local authorities I decided to get out of the game. Well, I have been away for atleast a year now and I bought a new to me car. I used to have a 90 accord 4 door auto-tragic. My side project was a 88 CRX SI, I sold that and now I have a 2001 accord 4-door Manual tranny. I am about to start modififying it. I am of course starting with an intake system. My concern is this, I do not want my car to be very loud at all if I can help it. I do miss having a little noise though. So my question to you is with an AEM short ram intake how much more noise will my car produce?

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Jun 30 2005, 04:45 PM
I am back! It has been awhile and after a little bit of trouble with the local authorities I decided to get out of the game. Well, I have been away for atleast a year now and I bought a new to me car. I used to have a 90 accord 4 door auto-tragic. My side project was a 88 CRX SI, I sold that and now I have a 2001 accord 4-door Manual tranny. I am about to start modififying it. I am of course starting with an intake system. My concern is this, I do not want my car to be very loud at all if I can help it. I do miss having a little noise though. So my question to you is with an AEM short ram intake how much more noise will my car produce?
[post=518836]Quoted post[/post]​

It will be loud if your car has VTEC if not it shouldn't be too loud. But like I said if it does when it hits VTEC it gets pretty throaty (is that a word?)

My car does have vtec and I was thinking that it would be loud to at the vtec crossover point. What about at low rpms though? Do you think it would still be loud then?

Single-cam VTEC is anything but loud. I'll give you a cookie if you can even tell when VTEC hits in a F22B1/F23A1.

The only extra noise an intake will produce is that caused by removing the intake silencing mechanisms.

EDIT: VTEC occurs at about 2800rpm on single-cam engines. VTEC exists solely for fuel economy in single-cam engines.

I am not that concerned about noise. I just don't want my car to be extremely loud right now. Anyone that lives in Henrico county knows what I am talking about. In another year I will not live here and then I will go turbo.

Back