1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

01' Accord build up

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 2fastaccord, Jun 30, 2005.

1. 2fastaccord

2fastaccord Senior Member

I am back! It has been awhile and after a little bit of trouble with the local authorities I decided to get out of the game. Well, I have been away for atleast a year now and I bought a new to me car. I used to have a 90 accord 4 door auto-tragic. My side project was a 88 CRX SI, I sold that and now I have a 2001 accord 4-door Manual tranny. I am about to start modififying it. I am of course starting with an intake system. My concern is this, I do not want my car to be very loud at all if I can help it. I do miss having a little noise though. So my question to you is with an AEM short ram intake how much more noise will my car produce?

2. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

It will be loud if your car has VTEC if not it shouldn't be too loud. But like I said if it does when it hits VTEC it gets pretty throaty (is that a word?)

3. 2fastaccord

My car does have vtec and I was thinking that it would be loud to at the vtec crossover point. What about at low rpms though? Do you think it would still be loud then?

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Single-cam VTEC is anything but loud. I'll give you a cookie if you can even tell when VTEC hits in a F22B1/F23A1.

The only extra noise an intake will produce is that caused by removing the intake silencing mechanisms.

EDIT: VTEC occurs at about 2800rpm on single-cam engines. VTEC exists solely for fuel economy in single-cam engines.

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

If you're worried about noise, don't mod.

6. 2fastaccord

I am not that concerned about noise. I just don't want my car to be extremely loud right now. Anyone that lives in Henrico county knows what I am talking about. In another year I will not live here and then I will go turbo.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted