01 Civic SI - What can I swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stanage

I did some searching, and more searching, and all I can find is a mounting kit which allows you to swap the K20 engine into the 2001-2002 Civic Ex, LX, and DX. That kit is from hasport

What about an 2001 5-Spd Civic SI ????? My friend has this car, and has not been able to do a DAMN thing other than a shitty DC Sport dual cannister - that cracked in half this morning, and an AEM cold air intake.

He has the cash to do a swap, but no one can seem to tell us what engine is available - even this swap table at Hasport doesn't list the 2001 SI

Swap Table

Is it even possible for a 2001 SI? Was there a JDM 2001 Civic SI??? Can i use the K20A2 from an RSX Type S and make some mounts???

I know this alot to ask, but it's because there is nothing out there for a 2001 Civic Si.

Thanks...

Yeah you can swap a K20A2 from an RSX or a K20A type R from a JDM integra type R. It is pretty much a straight-forward swap, there was a pretty good write up last year in Sport Compact Car about it. I think you need a few parts off the old SI motor and that is pretty much it. I think the worst part of it is that you need to the new ECU reflashed by honda to work with you ingnition.

I don't think you can swap anything into an '01 SI, because they never made it. That may be the reason there is nothing for it. If you are talking about just an '01 Civic, the only legal swap that you can do, with more power would be a K-series swap. You can swap a B-series engine of your choice, but you would never be able to register the car. For now, the K-series doesn't have much of a line-up product wise, mainly because the engine is so new, the B-series has ten years on it, there is obviously going to be more selection.

My advice, would be to tell your friend that he is a dumb ass, because he thinks he has an '01 Si. Otherwise swap in a K20A2 or K20A, I have an '02 Si, they actually made it that year, and the K20A3 that comes stock is really crappy, the vtec is only on the Intake side. It still makes good power, but very limited in the long run. To swap it in however will cost your buddy close to $10,000 if he has someone do it for him, and about $8,000 if he does it himself.

Like I said the products for this car aren't many but there are some. There is a mulitple Intakes and Exhausts, DC is the only header I would go with and Toda does have an engine kit, which bumps the redline to 9,000 RPM's. It comes with Cams, valve springs, ECU and some other stuff. It increases the engine size to 2.4 and adds about 30 WHP. I think Cybernation has a few kits for the K20A2 engine, found in the RSX-S. Anyway, good luck finding '01 SI parts.

Ok, here's the thing. Only Canada received a 2001 Civic SI, while the United States just got the LX, EX and DX for that year. This is what my friend who owns the car told me. He says the U.S. LX version is the same as the Canadian SI.

Hey Frankie.P , there's no use calling people dumb asses, we know the car is an SI, it's just that only Canada got them. That's why there is no U.S. parts market for it.

I guess what I need to do now is find parts for the 2001 LX Civic, or like ya'll say, the K20A*

Thanks again for the info...

Found some more info on the types of civic's created in 2001

2001 Honda Civic Model Lineup - U.S. Models

Civics come in coupe and sedan versions, which differ in appearance but share the same level of features.

Civic four-door sedans come in three different trim designations and two different powertrains. Models include the base Civic DX sedan ($12,960); LX ($15,010), which adds power-operated controls and luxury features; top-of-the-line EX ($16,910), which gets a more powerful engine, body-colored power mirrors and a remote entry system. A four-speed automatic transmission ($800) is optional with every trim level.

Civic two-door coupes add a thrifty fuel-economy HX edition ($13,560) along with the DX, LX and EX trim levels listed above. The HX is equipped with an efficient lean-burn engine capable of 44 miles per gallon when teamed to the standard five-speed manual transmission. A continuously variable automatic ($1,000) also works with the HX.

Three engines are available for 2001; all are four-cylinder aluminum engines and each earns the government's ultra low emission vehicle, or ULEV, certification. The mileage-leading Civic HX coupe edition uses a lean-burn engine that achieves 117 horsepower; DX and LX coupe and sedan come equipped with a 115-horsepower 1.7-liter engine; the deluxe EX coupe and sedan get a 127-horsepower engine.

Sedan and coupe differ in appearance; in fact, fewer than one-fourth of the body panels are common to both body styles. The coupe comes with a more aggressive windshield rake than the sedan for a sportier look. Sedans and coupes measure identically in wheelbase and share a common structure, although the coupe has steel reinforcements for bulkheads, the floor pan and the front and rear roof pillars to compensate for the absence of the sedan's center side pillars.

HERE IS THE CANADIAN VERSION OF THE 2001 SI

Here is the full article for you NAY sayers -

FOR THE NAY SAYERS - 2001 Civic SI EXISTS!!!!

Technical Data: 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Si Base price $19,800
Price as tested $21,300
Freight $260
Type 2-door, 5-passenger, compact coupe
Layout transverse front engine/front-wheel-drive
Engine 1.7 litre SOHC 16 valve VTEC 4 cylinder
Horsepower 127 @ 6300 rpm
Torque 116 @ 4800 rpm
Transmission 5-speed manual (4-speed automatic)
Tires 185/65R-15
Curb weight 1162 kg (2562 lb.)
Wheelbase 2620 mm (103.1 in.)
Length 4438 mm (174.7 in.)
Width 1695 mm (66.7 in.)
Height 1399 mm (55.1 in.)
Cargo capacity 365 litres (12.9 cu. ft.)
Fuel consumption City: 7.7 l/100 km (37 mpg)
Hwy:6.2 l/100 km (46 mpg)
Warranty 3 yrs/60,000 km
Powertrain warranty 5 yrs/100,000 km

You can all now stand corrected... btw, can I still only put in a K20A???

It does help if you say that you are from Canaduh, it would have helped out a lot. How the hell am I supposed to know that. Also, I know what lineup was available in America, I could care less about Canaduh. If you say that it is the same as a civic lx, then the only thing you can do is a what I had stated before.

Yeah the canadian Si is the equvilant to the US EX, so for that HASport table, just follow the stuff for the Civic EX. The LX is non-vtec, and the EX is, and from that article it sounds like your car is vtec.

well from the stats it looks like the EX.... 127 hp instead of 115 and 1.7 L engine instead of 1.6... or do the LXs have 1.7 L engines? i don't remember...

Originally posted by KeLeMi821@May 10 2004, 09:36 PM
well from the stats it looks like the EX.... 127 hp instead of 115 and 1.7 L engine instead of 1.6... or do the LXs have 1.7 L engines? i don't remember...

Yeah the lx and dx have d17s in them.

Back