01 ex engine turns, no spark, no fuel, no fuel pump noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JMF2479

I have 2001 honda civic EX 1.7L. I swapped engine, fuel pump sounded when in ON position, fuel in fuel rails, engine ran normally. I swapped engine because car kept losing coolant and overheating. I had an engine from my other civic installed.

I don't remember how many ground wires there are. I know I have battery ground to body to transmission. I also have short thermostat ground wire that goes to wire harness. And I have ground from thermostat to frame above radiator. Are there any other grounds I am missing?

So I tried starting up car after I swapped engine, Drive light blinks 2x and then goes out. Engine turns, but doesn't't start. I don't hear fuel pump. I pulled fuel rail hose off, no fuel. I then checked for spark, no spark.

Then, I thought it could be the ECU. So I just pulled ecu out and looked at the board and it looks normal, nothing burned or melted.

If someone could show me picture of where the grounds are? I am lost for what to do next.

Thank you

I want to thank everyone here for your help. I took it to honda a few weeks ago. Cost me $210. Problem was a ground wire somewhere. It wasn't the engine grounds.

Back