1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

01 ex engine turns, no spark, no fuel, no fuel pump noise

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by JMF2479, Jan 24, 2012.

1. JMF2479

JMF2479 New Member

I have 2001 honda civic EX 1.7L. I swapped engine, fuel pump sounded when in ON position, fuel in fuel rails, engine ran normally. I swapped engine because car kept losing coolant and overheating. I had an engine from my other civic installed.

I don't remember how many ground wires there are. I know I have battery ground to body to transmission. I also have short thermostat ground wire that goes to wire harness. And I have ground from thermostat to frame above radiator. Are there any other grounds I am missing?

So I tried starting up car after I swapped engine, Drive light blinks 2x and then goes out. Engine turns, but doesn't't start. I don't hear fuel pump. I pulled fuel rail hose off, no fuel. I then checked for spark, no spark.

Then, I thought it could be the ECU. So I just pulled ecu out and looked at the board and it looks normal, nothing burned or melted.

If someone could show me picture of where the grounds are? I am lost for what to do next.

Thank you

2. JMF2479

JMF2479 New Member

I want to thank everyone here for your help. I took it to honda a few weeks ago. Cost me $210. Problem was a ground wire somewhere. It wasn't the engine grounds.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted