01 Gsr Swap To 95 Civic Dx.. Hellp???????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

socojo2002

I Have A 95 Civic Dx That I Am Putting A 01 Gsr Engine And Ecu.

My Question Is What Is The Best Route To Go With When Doing The Wiring For The :
--ecu,
--engine,
--distributer
And All The Others That I Have No Clue About??????????

Use an obd1 distributor from an integra GSR or civic del sol vtec. The distributor part number is TD-68U, and here is an ebay link to show you what it looks like. eBay Motors: NEW DISTRIBUTOR OBD1 INTEGRA 92 93 94 95 GSR W/ VTEC (item 110072088189 end time Jan-01-07 11:05:00 PST)

Go with an obd1 p28 ecu that has been chipped with a stock gsr program on it. I highly recommend buying from Chris Harris at Xenocron.com. He is an awesome and very helpful guy and will support you by trying to answer any engine management questions you might have, and his prices are very reasonable. He also sells any tuning equipment you might need in the future after you've figured some stuff out. The p28 won't run your iab's, but there might be a mod that allows them to be run off a p28. I'm not sure tho, that is a question for Chris. You can also run an obd1 p72 ecu from a 94-95 gsr if you want an ecu that will run your engine well straight from the factory.

Most of the sensors on the engine should be the same as on your dx engine, but the gsr engine you bought will have a knock sensor on it. The p28 ecu will not look for this sensor, but the p72 will.

I'm sure others will chime in on this, so just be patient, and do some research while you are putting your swap plan in motion, and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Thanks for your post, its very helpful but I still would like to use the 01 gsr ecu, and i have already bought a ecu adapter and if possible, i would also like to use the 01 distributer. Again thanks for your help, if nothing else goes I'll have something to fall on.

Why would you run an obd2 ecu when the obd1 ecu runs the engine exactly the same? The obd2 ecu also is untunable, more expensive, and, as you said, requires a harness that nobody makes - you probably bought an obd2 -> obd1 adapter, but I guess I could be wrong. I've certainly never seen one. Nobody switches from obd1 to obd2, there is no reason to. If you run the obd2 ecu, you'll need obd2 electrical components. But good luck.

hmmmm............

Well ill give you guys more information.. I have already done the swap, and I redid the engine wire harness from the 95 civic, but its not getting any fire or fuel and it might be because I switched the plugs from the 95 civic to the 01 distributer, so maybe thats whats wrong with it.. I appriciate your guys help, but maybe im on my own on this one!

If you messed with the stock harness, I can't help you much. Anything could be wrong, and I couldn't help you without looking at it in person.

Back