01 prelude auto to manual convertion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cmarin

hello i have a 2001 honda prelude, i got the car for 4gs but is a automatic. so istarted looking and i bought and h22 lsd trany from a friend and i bought a stage 2 clutch with flywheel i habe my shifter with cables that go to da tranny and i hahe my pedal assembly and master cylinder clutch and the slave and intermediate shaft with base prelude m/t axles i cant find what i need to know is what else im missing to complete the swap oh i know about the ecu.....

i ned help so i can get all my parts and do the swap i have a mechanic dats gonna do it for me :confused:

If you have a mechanic that's going to do the swap for you then why don't you check with him to see if you have all the necessary parts?

yeah he told me a lot of stuff to get but the problem is that he is not familiar with honda prelude he mostly works on older cars. like he though it use a clutch cable but mine uses hydralic so thats why i asked if anyone knew what parts the prlude uses. thnks

if he has never worked on a honda or is not familiar with the parts on your car dont let him fuck your car up, if you have a general under standing of your own car that is. he may make changes that will edit the way things should have been in your car.

also, why are you doing the swap... did your old tranny blow so you just went a head and are switching to manual?

no i got that car for cheap, but i really wanted an prelude sh and those are going for like 10g's and up i got this for 4 but this one axles are bad and needs new suspension other than that the car is good .... the carfax shows good too. my friend did a swap on his eg he put a h22 a on his but he did not wanted the lsd tranny so he sold it to me so here i am trying to do it will my base m/t axles work with the lsd? do u know

Why did he not want the LSD transmission?

he had another one he had gotten before, he gave me the one he got with the h22 he bought

Last edited:
check your engine harness for the correct connections, you may need to change your plugs, see a work shop manual for connections, also clutch pedal linkage ect.

Back