01 usdm gsr swap into 97 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrcivic97

Hey whats up.. I have a 97 civic ex coupe with a 1.6 sohc vtec and I recently purchased a 01 usdm gsr swap. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this particular swap. If anyone knows exactly what parts i would need. The motor mounts look the same except for the drivers side mount in the timing case cover. I am also keeping power steering and ac so im not sure if i need anything for that. I have the altenator, power steering pump and ac compressor from the gsr. I just dont want to start the swap and then get held up because i need a throttle cable or something. Also, i am putting a skunk 2 intake manifold onto the motor prior to installing it. so if anyone has done this before, or knows what parts i might need that would be great. I also wanted to install a type r ecu so if anyone knows what yeat ecu would work i would love to know. thanks alot.....

driver side mount u can use from a sohc 97 or so ex... use your stock EX harness just extend some wires to a few of the sensors... a rear SI mount is needed, as well as a dohc ps pump and such... as well as AC if u have that. all other mounts u can use gsr...
hope this helps.. i did it on my 97ex coupe with a 99gsr swap.
if u have questions email me At Slamdmk2@aol.com

im going to be doing a similar swap (b18c1 into a 99 ex) this winter, and was told there was a wire that needed to be added for the secondary butterflies or something like that.... can anyone confirm this. thanks in advance.

the 99 to 2001 integra has a immobilizer which is a anti theft system were by part of it is part of the program in the ECU and part of it is in the ignition were you stick the key in to start the car and also from my understanding there is a small electronic chip thats part of it to which is located on the key itself. the immobilizer can be removed from the ECU and you can still run use the motor but you will have a check engine light on all the time. plus i think you might have get a adapter harness because your year ECU and your new motor ECU pin configeration is different. I have a 99 DX that want do a swap in if I go with GSR I:am gonna get the adapter harness OBD2B to OBD2A and use a 98 GSR . go to JDMhondaparts.com for more info. on immoboilizer

also go to honda-tech .com and look in hybrid forum look under title ( gathering EK wiring information ) for wiring info. if you are not a member there you may have to become one to gain access to the forum membership is free

Back