02 Accord Complete Swap - help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SuperMidget

Hi guys I just bought a well maintained accord and want to juice it up.

At first i thought about doing the cosmetics first, but now I've decided to say screw that, lets see what i can do for power! So...

I've been doing some research and found this off of this site, the link for a H22A is below.
Japan Motor Import - JDM Parts and Engines

So what i want to know is if this is compatable, if i need anything else in addition to what is included, if there's any info i need to know for the swap and rough completion time. Any experienced honda feedback would be SUPER appricated.

Thanks for Reading! ill check in regularly

ps. i know this engine is designed for a 92-95, do i need a year specific engine? If so any recommendations for my 02 accord?

so since you have an 02 accord, your best option will be an h22a engine that is from a prelude 96 and newer. also some states have it illegal to put an engine in your vehicle if the engine is older than your vehicle, but get an h22a from a 96 and up and i dont know much about ur accords in that year but i know on the older accords you could use the accord mounts but for a generic list.......motor mounts, axles, custom wiring harness, custom exhaust, some cases is shift linkage, computer for the h22.....

i know those accords came with v6 engines to, i would look into that a lil more

Hey thanks i really appricate it.

I'm looking for future turbo intercooler options, will the H22 be able to handle that boost? Also do you know from experience from accrod engine swaps? i'm just asking to find out how difficult it's gonna be it, (time restraint)

Hey thanks i really appricate it.

I'm looking for future turbo intercooler options, will the H22 be able to handle that boost? Also do you know from experience from accrod engine swaps? i'm just asking to find out how difficult it's gonna be it, (time restraint)

In terms of mounting the engine, it won't be difficult at all. The H22 is a bolt-in swap for 90-02 Accords. If you get an OBD2 (96+) engine, then the wiring is fairly straightforward too.

Now, as for the boost question, the H22 can handle a mild amount of boost. If you have big power aspirations though, then you'll probably want to get the engine sleeved. The H22 users FRM (fiber-reinforced-metal) sleeves to save on weight, but they're not as strong as normal metal sleeves...

wow thanks so much if i have any questions i'll pm you?

It's better to keep it on the forum actually. If you're just PMing me questions then no one else gets to see the conversation and learn from it or put their input in. If you keep it on the forum then other people can use it as a reference in the future...

i see your point, i should start a new thread when i got more questions...

thanks brutalb83, hopefully youll see my posts in the future

Back