1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

02 Accord man trans swap

Discussion in 'Accord' started by aalexander80, Dec 27, 2015.

1. aalexander80

aalexander80 New Member

Can someone please help me i am trying to see if a 96 Accord manual transmission will interchange with a 2002 Accord. If so what complications i mite find or what manual transmission i could use just trying to find a economical trans to replace it with. I found a whole 96 for cheap and wanted to know if it would work. F23a1 engine sohc vtec

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

The 2002 needs a K-series transmission. The 1996 is a F-series. They are not interchangeable. You will need to stay 2002-2007.....but newer ones might fit because they are still K-series.

3. aalexander80

aalexander80 New Member

I read only 98 through 02 would interchange. I would love to be able to use the 02 -07. Will they bolt up to my f23a1?

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Crap....I think you may be right. 2003 may have been the 1st K-series in the states.

If you have an F-series the '96 will PROBABLY fit....I can't be certain. I'm not very knowledgeable with Accord interchangability. But if it is the same series....I don't see why not. Although there may be slight differences.

aalexander80 likes this.
  5. aalexander80

aalexander80 New Member

So can someone please help and let me know if 98 through02 are my only direct bolt in options. Thanks

6. aalexander80

aalexander80 New Member

Thanks for your help

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted