02 Accord man trans swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aalexander80

Can someone please help me i am trying to see if a 96 Accord manual transmission will interchange with a 2002 Accord. If so what complications i mite find or what manual transmission i could use just trying to find a economical trans to replace it with. I found a whole 96 for cheap and wanted to know if it would work. F23a1 engine sohc vtec

The 2002 needs a K-series transmission. The 1996 is a F-series. They are not interchangeable. You will need to stay 2002-2007.....but newer ones might fit because they are still K-series.

I read only 98 through 02 would interchange. I would love to be able to use the 02 -07. Will they bolt up to my f23a1?

Crap....I think you may be right. 2003 may have been the 1st K-series in the states.

If you have an F-series the '96 will PROBABLY fit....I can't be certain. I'm not very knowledgeable with Accord interchangability. But if it is the same series....I don't see why not. Although there may be slight differences.

Crap....I think you may be right. 2003 may have been the 1st K-series in the states.

If you have an F-series the '96 will PROBABLY fit....I can't be certain. I'm not very knowledgeable with Accord interchangability. But if it is the same series....I don't see why not. Although there may be slight differences.

Thanks for your help

Back