02 Civic Si w/ Greddy Turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

Ok, i've never posted in this section before but I thought I would give it a try.
I went with a friend of mine this past weekend to get his car dynoed. Here's the info on the car:
-2002 Civic Si
-K20A3 engine
-Greddy 18g turbo kit
-RevHard front-mount intercooler
-Greddy EVO cat-back exhaust
-Greddy turbo timer

the turbo was spinning at 7 psi and he made 221 hp and 209 lb-ft on the dyno. that's pretty impressive. the guy at the shop he got it dynoed at said that there is probably another 10-15 hp he could get if he got it tuned cuz his car is running real lean on the low end and really rich towards mid-to-high range. I will get some pics of the dyno charts later today.
seeing results like that make me want to boost my B16. I talked to the guy and he said that Greddy made a pretty cool kit for the B16. He showed me dyno runs of boosted B16s and they all generally made about 215-230whp. They all had intercoolers and cat-back exhausts.

I guess I'll start saving.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 6 2003, 10:02 AM

seeing results like that make me want to boost my B16.

seeing results like that makes me want to turn up the boost. :angry:

if i can threadjack for a minute...

the neighbors at my chicks house dont like me. i think they are a bunch of white trash pieces of shit.

was talking to the queen cunt neighbor yesterday and her husband is this big fucking american indian dude....

he drives a 92 5.0 mustang.

anyways i was talking to him, trying to be cordial, trying to make conversation about mustangs (not an easy thing to do for me)
i was also trying to see how detailed his knowledge was about cars, from the little he was saying, i could tell he was a fucktard.....

anyways he never once asked me about my turbo under my hood (probably cuz he was so sick of hearing me dump my shit at 12am a few times when i was leaving my chicks house)

so i asked him if he was going to mod his mustang. conversation went like this, in these exact words:

him: YA, IM GOING TO PUT ON SOME MORE PERFORMANCE PARTS ONTO MY MUSTANG TO MAKE IT SO FAST NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO CATCH ME.

me: (trying to stiffle my laughter knowing there is a good chance he is going to say somehting REALLY stupid) OH, COOL, WHAT YOU PUTTING ON? INTAKE? EXHAUST? CHIPPING UR ECU?

him: THEY GOT THIS THING CALLED THE V-TEC, AND IT GIVES YOU 50 MORE HORSEPOWER.

me: :whatafucktard: :mullet: riiiiiiiight chief. heres some more firewater, knock urself out.

so i was telling him that i could beat his car, and he did not believe it.

im hoping i can set up a run between me and him for 500 bucks the next time i see him.

be careful Tony. those Fox body 5.0's are pretty quick even in stock trim.
reminds me of that one video where the guys owns a 03 Cobra and he says that his Honda rep and the Ford rep got together and put a Vtec system on there. Do you remember which one i'm talking about? he said some shit about his subs being pointed backwards so when he bumps it gives him more forward thrust. hahahahaha...someone needs to post that video up again.

i was totally giving my friend props cuz of the numbers he was able to achieve by basically slapping the parts on, no tunning.

Jason, if you read this thread...you know who he is. it's my buddy Paul. the one who was getting his kit installed at ShowStoppers when we met up over there.

hmm well looking at his engine, and inside his car, his shit looks stock.

and i ALMOST beat a fox body style the first few weeks i had my greddy kit on there.

i lost by like a car length. soon as i slap on my fmic, and turn up the boost, im highly confident i will own him.

plus his shit is an automatic.

and he is fat.

and im assuming he cant launch.

so easy kill, and qquick 500 bucks if he races me imo :D

hahahaha...him being fat should definitely give you the upper hand. i can just imagine his little fat-ass trying to drive that Stang. His belly is probably all rubbing against the steering wheel. hehe.

and to top it off, if i can get him to agree to run me in the coming weeks (dont see him outside all that often)

ill make sure my shit is ready.

JUST IN CASE he is lying about his shit being stock, im going to empty my gas tank and put in one gallon of 110 octane, gut the interior, goto my buddies shop and "borrow" a cf hood, and a few other things.

he took me for a ride in it Ray, and your mustang would eat the shit out of his, and i know for a fact i can take him out by at least a car and a half if i get the launch.

good luck. once you work out all the details with him let me know when you guys are going to run so i can be there and watch.

<----- witness/backup (incase he doesn't want to pay up)

PS- as soon as i break-in my clutch and get my vtec working i'm coming for you Tony. no money of course but more along the lines are bragging rights. the clutch and flywheel are in already and it should be good to go in a week or two and hopefully the vtec will be working by tomorrow. i'm taking it into school tomorrow afternoon to diagnose the problem and figure out a solution.

bah, fox body stangs run 14.8's brand new witha professional driver. 10 years later, im sure they are pushing 15 flat.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 6 2003, 03:35 PM
good luck. once you work out all the details with him let me know when you guys are going to run so i can be there and watch.

PS- as soon as i break-in my clutch and get my vtec working i'm coming for you Tony. no money of course but more along the lines are bragging rights. the clutch and flywheel are in already and it should be good to go in a week or two and hopefully the vtec will be working by tomorrow. i'm taking it into school tomorrow afternoon to diagnose the problem and figure out a solution.

He's about 5'6, but can bench 350 something. whoop de fucking whoop. that makes him THAT much more slower...10.00 sez i can take him to the ground and get him in a submission hold in 3 moves :D
i'm coming for you Tony.
:D illlll be waiting, gimme a week's advance notice...i wanna....uhh....."prep" a tad ;)
no money of course but more along the lines are bragging rights.
No money, no hazards. just for bragging rights :D

Ray, u got a digital video camera? Know anyone that does? i dont.

lets film this, and upload it to hondaswap....

or maybe one of the other So. Cali members does have a digital video camera and they could meet up with just us two and film it :D

jason dvs? anyone out there wanna meet up if me and Ray run and film it? assuming u got a camera to bring :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 6 2003, 05:07 PM
Ahhh gots to get me some V-TECH for mah SooBAHroo!! :mullet:

i forgot to mention that he said the VTEC was an "intake"

i wasnt quite sure i understood him, he spoke english like a normal person...

but i had him repeat it 3 times, to make sure.

him: ......called vtec.
me: vtecH ?
him: its an intake you put on it, vtec.
me: VTEC (emphasizing it to make it clear i was saying VTEC)
him: (straight face, looking serious, kinda excited actually) YUP, VTEC

thats how i know his shit is stock.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 6 2003, 05:00 PM
Ray, u got a digital video camera? Know anyone that does? i dont.

lets film this, and upload it to hondaswap....

or maybe one of the other So. Cali members does have a digital video camera and they could meet up with just us two and film it :D

My digital cam records video but I dont know about the quality. Where in so. cal.?

He could have been talking aobut the VORTECH intake for a 5 liter... It adds about 20 Horsies to an otherwise stock pony...

I've heard PLENTY of Chevy "Vortec" engine owners call it VTEC as well.

:whatafucktard:

BTW, B, if you want to see a stock 5.0 Fox with ONLY exhaust on it run better than a 15 flat, come to Memphis. I ran 4 consistant 14.7's@94 with shitass 2.3 60' times last week, beyotch.

[edit]Best pic I could find of the Vortech intake manifold... It's the silver manifold on the top center of the engine...[/edit]

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/images...-010_engine.gif

[/img]http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/images/4fa218-010_engine.gif[/img]

you got a strong one then man....

car and driver, or was it motor trend?? tested the 5.0 gt at 14.8, and thats with a professional driver. :shrug2:

I doubt it's just that I got a strong one.

My 87 GT Vert with ONLY headers, offroad H pipe, and flowmaster mufflers on the stock 2.25" pipes went 14.08 with 160k miles on the clock.

My 86 GT goes low 14's usually with only and offroad H pipe and Flowmaster exhaust. Almost 100k miles on her, and she eats a quart of 20w50 every week.

My 92 LX 5.0 went 13.8 with only headers, offroad H and Flowmaster exhaust and 3.55 diff gears. 60k miles.

All of these were on street tires, no drag radials, no slicks.

I doubt it's just "I got a stong one". Fox Mustang are strong. I think the mags downplayed their potential to make Camaro's look better than they were. It's all about who's paying more to the mags.

Back