02 Sensor location....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

Just wondering where i would put both 02's, should i put them in unison in the down pipe? tap into the manifold before the turbo? what seems to be the bast way of doing things?

Get the ZDyne one wire conversion ECU, or the ZDyne gold SECU.

Either only requires one O2...

OR, you can run them one after the other in the downpipe.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 2 2003, 11:22 PM
Get the ZDyne one wire conversion ECU, or the ZDyne gold SECU.

Either only requires one O2...

OR, you can run them one after the other in the downpipe.

this is going to be a low budget kit, how much does the conversion cost?

One wire conversion is like $300, the Gold programmable ecu is $900 or so.

Since you can sell the JDM ecu, figure $75-$100 credit for that... So $225? :)

you can't run the 02 sensors one after another in a downpipe like that. i assume you have an OBDII.

THe reason there are 2 o2 sensors is because one is normally before and one after the cat. Between them,they can extrapolate a difference. Since you have a downpipe, the difference is nothing. This will throw an error code in your ecu.

What you can do is buy an 02 sensor plug that you plug into i believe the second 02 sensor. This will give it some sort of reading so thte computer thinks there is a second 02 sensor.

I've seen these sell on ebay, summitracing and others. runs about 50 bucks.

Originally posted by R6Elmo@Sep 6 2003, 06:31 PM
you can't run the 02 sensors one after another in a downpipe like that. i assume you have an OBDII.

THe reason there are 2 o2 sensors is because one is normally before and one after the cat. Between them,they can extrapolate a difference. Since you have a downpipe, the difference is nothing. This will throw an error code in your ecu.

What you can do is buy an 02 sensor plug that you plug into i believe the second 02 sensor. This will give it some sort of reading so thte computer thinks there is a second 02 sensor.

I've seen these sell on ebay, summitracing and others. runs about 50 bucks.

no, i have obd0(b16a sir)..... and the 02 sensors are in different pipes in the exhaust manifold, right next to each other..... no sensors after the cat

Originally posted by ChrisSiR+Sep 9 2003, 09:26 PM-->
@Sep 9 2003, 04:29 AM
First of all, what ECU are you running?

Pw0 is what i was told.....

You can connect both o2 sensor inputs together on the PW0 and run a single o2 sensor to it without any problems. I have done it several times. That also works for the PR3. The other option is a dual element o2 sensor.

Back