02 SENSORS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

Question -

Why buddy has his '01 integra converted to OBD1 from OBD2. His 02 sensor went out. Obviously he's only using one 02 sensor and I'm 99% sure it's the one in front but my question is this - Does he use an o2 sensor from an OBD1 integra or one from an OBD2 integra? I'm trying to get him a new one from my work but I can't tell if there is a difference between OBD1 and 2 02 sensors. My computer lists a different part number but they physically look the same. Can someone help us out?

They should be the same, they have the same voltage output for the ECU since you can use an OBDII sensor on an OBDI ECU, but just make sure the plugs are the same or you could just hardwire it in.

Thanx. So, they SHOULD be the same. Anyone know for sure?

They obvously ARE the same since you can use the OBDII sensor with an OBDI ECU. The only difference may be the plug, but since I don't own any OBDII cars, I cannot say for sure wether or not they are the same plugs, but the sensor itself IS the same.

obd1/2 PRIMARY o2's are identical is every way. as long as its a 4-wire anyway...

Question 2

Since he is only OBD1 now, are the front and back 02s identical? Can he just swap 02 sensors and use his rear 02 sensor?

im using the stock o2 in the cat of a 97 gsr and the plug is the same as my stock 93 o2 thats on the header.i was lookin at it the other day and as for the second o2 i dont know for sure but they do seem to have the same conector. but dunno if the sensor is the same

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 28 2004, 12:28 PM
Question 2

Since he is only OBD1 now, are the front and back 02s identical? Can he just swap 02 sensors and use his rear 02 sensor?
[post=423206]Quoted post[/post]​

if its a 4-wire, it should be fine. i don't know wtf they are. obd2 sucks.

Back