02 si hatch strut question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

derekkschultz

im new here and have a question on replacing my 02 si hatch struts... the stock struts have a plastic protector boot that covers the inner strut rod... this boot is ripped on both sides... do i need to buy new oem boots from the dealer or can i run the aftermaket struts without a boot???.... the new struts dont come with them and advanced auto doesnt sell them.. thanks

I believe you would be fine but what those boots do is protect the seals on the shaft from dust, water and other road debris

I would buy new ones from the dealer. Like the other guy said, those things help prevent moisture and dirt from getting inside the shocks, which will help prolong their life...

just wanted to post in case anyone else runs into this issue..... i was able to get strut boot kits made by kyb from advanced auto.... they dont fit as well as the oem honda boots but they will do the trick.... both sides cost me 40$ at dealer pricing...

Back