'03 Civic LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noakail

Hey i just got a '03 civic lx coupe from my dad and i wanted to know what kind of upgrades can i get for it. The car has exhaust and intake on it already. I don't have the cash yet to drop a turbo or swap the engine yet. But if i ever get the cash What engine would go best with this model? Thanks for any help.

So k20a3? What would be the max price i pay for it. I have about $2k i can put in to the car. but don't know if i want to blow it all at once.

Originally posted by noakail@Apr 21 2005, 03:30 AM
So k20a3? What would be the max price i pay for it. I have about $2k i can put in to the car. but don't know if i want to blow it all at once.
[post=489524]Quoted post[/post]​

honestly, the motor will cost between 2k to 3.5k, depending on who you get one from, but i'd say before you blow it on a motor just yet, why don't you set your car up with a decent suspesion package. handling before power is key, you want your car to be able to handle that power around corners and such. if you have 2k, and depending on what you want to do with your car, a decent, but not absolute race setup would be eibach sportlines and kyb axg adjustible shocks, it would lower your car about 1.6-2 inches and you can adjust the stiffness of your shocks to hit up them twisties. thats just my sugestion, good luck

the k20a3 is dirt cheap(500-1000) with tranny and whole harness at at junkyard, But a TSX motor is still alot nicer and alot chaper then a k20a2, k20z, or k20a

So just do a k24 swap from a TSX

Back