03 rsx instrument cluster into 91 civic b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dem134

My speedometer does not work because of the vss on my B18c1 tranny. So I was going to install some gsr gauges in my car and call it a day. Then at my friends work they have a wrecked RSX and told me that I can have the gauges.

So if some body knows if they will work let me know. If you have pictures of what it would look like installed that would be even better.

thanks
med

100_0427.JPG

100_0430.JPG

thats what it looks like but you will need to use the whole rsx wiring harness... because it doesnt have a manual odometer. Which means you have to use the dash and the motor. I woudld imagine... :dry:

I have a manual odometer and it does not work now. It needs to be digital so that the VSS will be able to comunicate with the tranny. I should be able to get the plugs for the gauges. I was more worried about the speedometer and odometer beign accurate.

yeah the needle is also analog. the tranny sends a digital signal to the cluster where it is converted to an analog output. Which is the needle and the mechanical odometer. What I am wondering about is if the signal created by my VSS will be compatible with the RSX cluster. In other words are the outputs from the GSR tranny the same as the ones for the RSX.

Back