04 Civic Hybrid-engine problems...wont start!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sneakybabe02

Hello Everyone. This is my first post...
I have a 04 civic hybrid and it is causing some issues. Recently I have gone out the the car and it wont start. We jumped it and built up the battery thinking maybe a light was left on...worked fine for about a week. Happened again and hubby and I replaced battery. Again worked fine for about a week. Now it is dead again. (engine light would come on and off accordingly)We are taking it in, but its not under warrenty. Trying to figure out what might be wrong to get a heads up before taking it to the dealer. Any one else having this problem or has anyone else seen it before. Any help would be appriciated....

:confused::wtf:

Gnarly...our first civic hybrid member, or so it seems.

I'd check your alternator... or whatever it is that charges your battery system. I am not really familiar with the IMA system on the honda hybrids, but I'll direct someone that might know to this thread.

ok i have an insight and know a little about them (not much but a little)
they dont have an alternator they have a DCtoDC convertor
that is what charges the 12v system off the 144v system
sounds like maybe the DCtoDC convertor might have shitted out
honda covers the IMA system for 8 yrs or 80k miles
so you might be covered depending on mileage

check out insightcentral.net they have a pretty good knowledge base over there... forums move a bit slow so you might have to give it a day or two to get an answer
or just search someone might have had that issue already
best of luck

thanks for the help

I just wanted to thank you guys for your help. Well my hubby permanetly put in an ac inverter in the car's cigarett lighter. He also put a playstation and screen in so our two year old could watch dvds in the car. He had it hooked up so that it didnt turn off when the car wasnt on, so we think that is what was draining the battery. It was left on the entire time. (Simple I know :D) We took it to the dealership anyway and they ran some tests and said that the catalytic converter was also broke and needed to be replaced. They had to order the part and we will be taking it in this weekend to get it replaced. Like I said I just wanted to thank you guys for your input, and let you know what happend.

Thanks so much :lol:,
Sneakybabe02

Back