'04 Suburu Sti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

So, I went to the drags in SD last night. Pretty cool, nothing really worth talking about except this blue 2004 WRX. I haven't really been keeping up w/ suburu and the new models... Is there an '04 WRX and an '04 STI? Or is it just an STI? This one was FAST and had out-of-state plates. (AZ I think? It was kind of a blur... :p ) My question is - Are the new STIs out yet? Is this what I saw? How much HP? (This guy smoked EVERYONE he ran. I think he was pulling like 8 something at like 94 MPH on the 1/8th mile) Just kinda wondering...

Sorry to post twice in a row, but the more I think about it, that camaro WAS unreal. 6.7 at over 105 mph in the 1/8th mile!!!!! He launched wrong once and lifted so high on his launch that it slammed down and sparked when he hit the brakes. I THOUGHT that red Nova (I think it was a Nova, It was pretty dark) was the fastest car there, untill it ran that camaro. And did anyone see that pearl/cream colored 92-93 teg? 7.2 I think? Good God! Good thing I didn't have to open up my SOHC and show them all who rules!!!! :lol: :lol:

when I went to the 1/8th mile track last time, there was a yellow mustang doing a 5.96 secs @ 115 mph...it's in the video in the thread I started a month ago

the 04 sti comes out in Nov. i believe. it has 300hp and 300ft/lbs, yes it is bad ass

you guys go to qualcomm too? what kinda cars do you guys drive on that track. my friends boyfriend drives that motorcyle beating white eg hatch.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Apr 21 2003, 04:44 PM
the 04 sti comes out in Nov. i believe. it has 300hp and 300ft/lbs, yes it is bad ass

So, how did I see one racing? It was definetly an STI too... :blink:

not sure, maybe a wrx badged up as an sti? or somehow they got some promo vehicle... but i know they are not released yet.

So, how did I see one racing? It was definetly an STI too...

not sure, maybe a wrx badged up as an sti? or somehow they got some promo vehicle... but i know they are not released yet.

How the fuck do you quote other people's quotes????? anyway - It was not badged up, in fact, I didn't even see a badge. All I saw was the new headlights, STI wing and FAST timeslips. And the dude was asian. Go figure...

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Apr 22 2003, 01:22 PM

So, how did I see one racing? It was definetly an STI too...  

How the fuck do you quote other people's quotes????? anyway - It was not badged up, in fact, I didn't even see a badge. All I saw was the new headlights, STI wing and FAST timeslips. And the dude was asian. Go figure...

above the persons post you want to quote, there is a button labled quote... click that :)

<moronic detail>

quote.jpg

</moronic detail>

Car and Driver results for EVO vs STi.

EVO
0-60 5.0
0-100 13.5
0-130 28.5
1/4 13.6@101
Top speed 156 redline limited

STi
0-60 4.6
0-100 12.4
0-130 24.5
1/4 13.2@103
top speed 145 governed

their curb weights are identical (3260) the EVO is the 2.0L running at 19.5lbs of boost. the STi is a 2.5L running 14.5 boost.

Road and Track had the EVO in their speed test they also had a drive owith the STi and got imilar numbers for it, but there was some large deviance in the EVO results. The were at Ford's Arizona Proving Ground and the EVO posted 0-60 in 4.59 (to do this required "A dizzying 5000-rpm launch with a gentle feathering of the clutch) the quarter mile was done in 13.08@105.12. the 0-100-0 was done in 16.56 and 0-100 was accomplished in 12.45. from 100 it took 292 ft to stop. (tied for third in the test.. tied Z06, Viper SRT10 and Mosler MT900 Photon beat it.) top speed was of course governed again.

Back