05 Evo MR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by CFweave@Jun 21 2004, 07:29 AM
I know they still have potential...but they're more of a status symbol. I would rather break out the tools and build myself a nice sleeper DA Integra with a custom turbo kit or something. I just think the car is much cooler when the owner built it.

This is the second time that someone said that a WRX/STi/EVO is a status symbol. This is simply not true. As mentioned, these cars are for enthusiasts who don't want to spend all their time and money making a car that is somewhat fast.

I can mod my car, have wonderful 1/4 mile times and dyno numbers, and still be covered under warranty. Show me a turbo Integra that is still covered under warranty.

I also guarantee that a turbo Civic/Integra won't last nearly as long as a car that was engineered to handle those amounts of power. I see way too many people wanting to get out of their custom-turboed cars (or even swapped cars) because they cause too many hassles.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jun 21 2004, 12:45 PM-->
@Jun 21 2004, 07:29 AM
I know they still have potential...but they're more of a status symbol. I would rather break out the tools and build myself a nice sleeper DA Integra with a custom turbo kit or something. I just think the car is much cooler when the owner built it.

This is the second time that someone said that a WRX/STi/EVO is a status symbol. This is simply not true. As mentioned, these cars are for enthusiasts who don't want to spend all their time and money making a car that is somewhat fast.

I can mod my car, have wonderful 1/4 mile times and dyno numbers, and still be covered under warranty. Show me a turbo Integra that is still covered under warranty.

I also guarantee that a turbo Civic/Integra won't last nearly as long as a car that was engineered to handle those amounts of power. I see way too many people wanting to get out of their custom-turboed cars (or even swapped cars) because they cause too many hassles.

Could not have said it better myself. I actually just came to the conclution that it's time to sell the civic and the hundreds of parts that i've gained over the years and buy something thats fast that dosen't need to be worked on every other week, I just don't know were to spend the 30K, BMW,STI,Evo... Haven't figured this part out yet. But the swapped/boosted civic ear is over for me.

when the fuck did a $30K car become a satus symbol??????????

status symbol of what????? middle class????

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jun 21 2004, 12:45 PM-->
@Jun 21 2004, 07:29 AM

agreed 110% with you.

if you are going to do it, do it right.

that means take the word "BUDGET" out of your vocabulary when trying to build a honda. Either shell out the big bucks to make it as realiable as a factory turbocharged car, or ....whatever.

Im almost thinking of buying this evo when it comes out....but then realized that I would be shelling out close to 35k....

for that kind of money I can buy a new 330i and fit in with guys in my age group that gave up playing speed racers eons ago.

i still sorta like the STi better, but thats me. i do however like the 10yr/100k mile warrenty.

Back