'05 STI Vs 98 Supra TT 6sp

'05 STI VS '98 SUPRA TT 6sp

• 1998 Toyota SUPRA TwinTurbo 6Sp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaMMaE01

No racing,No engine mods, no bullsh*t what would have the "gotta have it" factor?

STI:4 door,AWD,TURBO,BRAND NEW,WRC BLUE
SUPRA:2door coup,RWD,TURBO,LOW MILES(40K),WHITE

Price being around the same, insurance being around the same.

I know the sti has alot of things over the supra, like awd and the fact that its brand new off the showroom, but the one thing that the STI dosent have that the supra does, is the fact that I want it, i favor it, its discontinued, its very rare, but the is that enough for me to choose it over the newer,safer?,more reliable? STI?

you dont have to comment if your dont want to, just poll it and i'll think about it

I vote the STI, easily upgradeable, will become a collector's/rare car in 5-10 years. Brand spanking new under WARRANTY and it can't be too bad in the snow.

I voted for the Supra simply because you stated that you favor it more. Get what you want. I personally would choose the STi because i'm in that phase right now. 2 years ago I would of went with the Supra no doubt.

Well you're in CALI so I guess the snow probably doesn't take part in you're area. I still vote STi

Quoted post[/post]]
I think the STi will hold most of it's value for a while and eventually become one of those rare cars.

How? In order for the car to be rare, they have to stop making it and I just don't see that in Subaru's future. They're making too much money off of the car right now, its one of the hottest cars. The supra however, even though it had a following, it was expensive even in its time and the sales just weren't up there in par with the rest of Toyota's sales so they discontinued the car, some thing with the Rx 7.

Basically as I see it, a supra was probably one of the best long term investments one could have made in a car, in the recent past. Someone could have picked up a Supra in 1996 for $40,000 and now after using the car for nearly 10 years and putting 40,000 miles on it, they can basically break even with the car's actual price while they've gained the joy of owning the car and driving it over the best 10 years. Cars just don't break even like that on a regular basis, they usually plummet in value. Take a STI right now, drive it 10,000 miles and its already worth $2000-$5000 less, its just not comparable to the market value of the supra.

Definately a Supra. Collectors item for sure, and given you keep it semi-stock (or keep the original parts) it will actually appreciate in value. STI's are fairly common around here (NE), and though they are awsome performers - they are certainly no collector car.

For the Supra, get a good exhaust, catless downpipe and a filter and I'm sure you'll be happy - for a while.

This advice is for Cali - if you lived up in the snow-belt, STI all the way.

supra all day. yeah awd i bet is nice but hte bad assness of an inline 6 plus two turbos plus rear wheel plus great styling. hands down a better investment and sti s will never be rare unles they come out with a 2dr version for like 3 yrs or soemthign like that.btu what are your plans for the car cuz that woudl be the deciding factor

Supra hands down..

mmmmmm... suuuuupprrrraaaaaa... :drool:

Do you know how many 98 Supras are in the US ?

About 500. I would say get the Supra, or you're a dumbass. Also, the 1998 had the hotswap JDM non-emissions jumper in the ECU.. When you do the research on the 98 you'll find out stuff about that car will blow your mind.

The 98s were intended to fulfill the 97 orders - And Toyota actually spent a lot of money getting them legal in the US.

I love that jumper on the later model supra turbos. just move the jumper and you get instant horsepower.

My mind tells me that the STi is a better and faster car, BUT....its a 98 supra turbo yo.........how do you say no to that. I know what those cars are capable of (not saying the STis cant do some wicked shit) and i would love a supra.

It almost pains me to side against the STi (almost, cause id do it if it were evo v. sti), but i will definitely have to go with the supra.

Maybe I'm also choosing the STi because I've never driven that gen supra. The older ones are hunks of shit, even the turbo models. The OLDER ones are just one of those cars I steer away from.

definately the supra. Supra's are sports cars, the STI is a fixed up sedan. yea i like the STI a lot, but Supras are fuckin sexy as hell. the only drawback i'd say is thta it's white, but oh well.

SPORT SEDAN... there aren't too many 300 hp sedans out there.

Of course I'd be the one to say it, but what if you have kids?

Back