06 R6S same as 04 r6???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

For the most part... would it be better to purchase a 2/3 year old r6 or a 1 yera old R6S??? They look to be indentical, im looking at 05 r6 pics tho.. dont have any 04's in front of me. i know the fork is different, but is the R6S basically just a tamer not so racey version of the r6? My friend let me ride his 00 CBR 600, and lol im kinda hooked. :p

All i've been doing for the past few days is reading on riding, tips, techinques and all that shit.. the cbr600 felt great, light and all that. I just love the way the r6 looks..

SO yeah, is the R6S basically the same as the older regular r6's?

Also, just to toss it in.. what would you choose out of..

2003/4/5 Honda CBR600RR
2004/5/6 Honda CBR600F4i
2003/4/5 Yamaha R6
2003/4/5 Suzuki GsxR600
2006 Yamaha R6S
2005/6 Yamaha YZF600r

It would never be seeing a track, no stunts, no wheelies, no dumb shit. just a cool mode of transportation with some decent fuel economy, but with the sportyness to it, and the ability to go stupid quick if needed/wanted.

I know the basics of riding, so i wont say im a complete noob, but id still be learning all the tricks and shit. I dont really want to spend the money on a smaller bike only to need something else soon after...

:)

The R6S is the same as the 03-05 R6.

And I'd go with an R6. Shit, I'd trade my 929 for another R6.

Don't get a YZF600R, and I wouldn't get a new bike, either...I don't plan on buying a new bike for at least another 8 years...stick with 00-up used bikes.

and don't buy a GSXR.

i had a YZF600...what didnt you like about it (mom dropped me on her insurance, and i had to drop the bike...thats why its had)

The YZF600 is more or less Yamaha's version of the Katana...

not a bad thing for someone who's budget concious. Hell I loved mine. I made it to Austin on about a tank and a half (not that id know how much gas i really used considering there is NO FUEL GAUGE!). Left Dallas, topped off in west, and hit Austin. Good Trip. Only problem was my feet were shaking....once you ride 100+ miles at 90 the pegs start vibrating....crazy stuff, but id probably do it again if i didnt opt for an R6.

Neither!... The ZX6-R is the better bike out of the group. Shit its the best in the 600 class and better out of a lot of 750's. And im not saying that cause i have one :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

if it were me id be choosing between an 03-05 cbr 600rr or R6

Ive been bike shopping for the past month and a half, but i dont have as much to spend as these bc i dont want a payment, just gonna buy one cash

I dont like how the ninjas look, at all.. i never cared too much for suzukis or hondas, but they are growing on me.

So if looking at the R6S, might as well really look at the 03-05 r6's then.. hmm
the F4i's are also lookin might nice.. and thats gay the r6's dont have a fuel gauge...

the R6 might, i dont really know, i know my YZF600 didnt. The R6 is like a TL while the yzf is like a tsx. more options, better ride.

i just looked at a picture of the gauges on the r6, nope no fuel gauge... but it has a fuel warning light.

most bikes dont even have a warning light, the fuel is moving around alot more in the tank than in a car so its harder for it to be accurate

the first bike i learned on had one, but it was never even close to right. I just go by milage, and thats why you have a reserve :p

It would never be seeing a track, no stunts, no wheelies, no dumb shit. just a cool mode of transportation with some decent fuel economy, but with the sportyness to it, and the ability to go stupid quick if needed/wanted.

Get a FZ6, Bandit 600S, Suzuki SV650S,

insurance going from an R6 to a suzuki SV650 should drop like 50% if not more. on top of that you'll have a much better ride, as with better mpg.

I'd NEVER EVER EVER own a supersport bike for a cool mode of transportation with some decent fuel economy.

Keep in mind most Supersport bikes get around 27-32mpg, on top of that your rear tire will last you around 2500-5000 miles (depending on the type of tire) so 120 bucks (if bought online) + 20-60 bucks for tire change every 2500-5000 miles. Front tires tend to last a bit longer, I have almost 9K on my front tire and its borderline with being done with.

Buying a bike for saving money doesnt work unless its your only mode of transportation.

P.S if you get harder tires (not something I'd put on a sport bike) you can see a lot more miles out of a tire.

I think if I were to buy the best all around street bike that would fit my needs for riding too/from work. I'd get a Suzuki SV1000. somewhat cheaper bike, not the worst to insure, much better riding position, and just all around a nice bike.

BTW most bikes have a gas warning, my CBR has 4 blocks that show up when the gas level gets low, each block last about 10 miles.

I reset my trip meter everytime I fill up, once I reach 150miles I fill it back up.

Back