'08 civic ex exhaust suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was looking at maybe buying my dad an exhaust for his '08 civic and was wanting some suggestions on what to go with... He would want somethin that isnt obnoxiously loud or ricey because he drives about an hour to work every day, so i wanted to get him something... any suggestions?

why don't you leave it stock if he doesn't want it loud and obnoxious

:werd:

But if you insist on this, then yeah, the Greddy SP2 or also the Apex'i WS are good choices...

for performance and it not being loud your gona have to spend at least 500 bucks. and thats cheap for a good exhaust

that one wouldnt its for a sedan, my dad's is a coupe. and i didnt mention but i get this car once i graduate which is part of my reasoning for this lol :ph34r:

they make them for the 2 and 4 door

The exhaust systems on newer honda's flow much better than they did back in the day. You are looking at a 1-2hp increase with a huge increase in NVH. I wouldn't worry about it unless you plan on a decent build up.

well a decent build up is in the long term plans for it... what is the best thing to do to those r18's? i never hear anything about them... or would a k20 swap or somethin be better?

well a decent build up is in the long term plans for it... what is the best thing to do to those r18's? i never hear anything about them... or would a k20 swap or somethin be better?

You don't hear anything about them because no one does anything with them. I'd look towards a K20 swap. If the car still has a warranty at the point you go to swap it though, say bye bye...

Last edited:
Save up your money so that when you get the car, you can sell it and get an 06- Civic si. It handles great out of the box, has the k20 and an lsd 6 speed. It will take more than the extra cost of an si to get an ex to perform at si levels.

i told him to get the damn si but he didnt wanna shell out the money at the time... now he wishes he did...

Back