08 civic type r coming to us. japan getting a type rr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

civic_type_rr-thumb.jpg

Honda has just announced that the Mugen version of the Honda Civic Si will be sold on our shores this fall. Although the car has a modified body, suspension and new wheels the car has been criticized for not having any real performance gains over the regular Civic Si. Well if you live in Japan you can actually buy a more powerful Civic from your local Honda dealer.

On September 13th Honda is going to release another version of the Civic dubbed the Honda Civic Type RR, in Japan. Japan already has a more powerful version of the Civic that we don't get here in the US, the Civic Type-R. The Type-R is already more powerful than our Si model with 225HP and 158 lb-ft of torque. The new Type RR version will come with even more power at 240HP and 160 lb-ft of torque. The estimated 0-60 mph time for the more powerful version is 5.8 sec.

The RR version of the Civic is 22lbs lighter and gets a dual exhaust system. The car also has a modified suspension and braking system thanks to Mugen.

So what is the catch? Well the car lists for $40,000! Honda has stated that the Civic Si Mugen that we are getting this fall will start just shy of $30,000. Well $40,000 probably would be too much for a Civic, even if it has 43 more horsepower than the regular Si version. That probably explains why Honda is only going to make 300 of these cars and in only one color, red.

well the thing is

40k for a fucking civic!

and sadly there are tools that will pay it

:concur:

the price tag is ridiculous
even the $30K price is outrageous

for $30K you could get a hell of a lot more:
Acura TSX, Audi A4, Audi TT, 3series BMW, 1 series BMW, Infiniti G35, Lexus IS250, Mazda RX8, Mazdaspeed 6, Mazdaspeed 3 (actually under $25K), Mercedes Benz C class, Nissan 350Z, Saab 9-3, Subaru WRX, VW GTI, VW Jetta, VW Passat, VW R32, Volvo C30, Volvo S40, Volvo S60..... just to name a few

for $40K you would have to be retarded to buy a civic:
Acura TL, Audi A6, more A4s, more TT, more 3 series, BMW 5 series, BMw Z4, Infiniti M35, Lexus IS350, Mitsu Evo, Saab 9-5, Volvo S60R... to name a few

this is not taking into account the fact that for 30-40k you could pick up absolutely incredible cars in the used market
BMW M series', Porsche 911s, Lotus Elises, twin turbo Lotus Esprits, Audi S#s, older Ferraris... the list goes on

its so hot though.

I cannot stand the look of the new Civics, they went the cookie cutter route.

Personally, I think the general styling route the Civic hatch should have taken is more like the VW hatches. Even the newest GTI looks similar to a 3rd gen hatch. :ph34r:

40k for a civic.

or

40k for the top of the line Ev0 MR.

Hard choice. . .

.... Honda Civic or ... Aston Martin Lagonda ?

aston-martin-lagonda-front-1_126.jpg

Hmmm...

Or... Elise perhaps ? How about a Ferrari 348 GTS ?

hot???? it looks like a fucking saturn ion quad coupe with 4 (regular) doors and a gay wing/hood/body kit

that car sucks ass

Dont forget the carbon fiber rear spoiler!!!

Too bad this civic will never get to a speed where that thing will matter lol.

Turbo Mirage loves cars that are mass produced, econo-cars with upper-scale upgrades and modifications. That's his taste :)

Like Aston Martin Lagondas are my taste when I consider high-end 4 doors.

yup, such is my taste.

see you bitches next week when i win "Best Mirage" at Elite Summernationals in SC this coming weekend.

I haven't heard anything about the type R coming here.^_^

and the 40k rr is another reason why Honda has lost it. Good thing its limited to 300 cars because they would have a hard time finding any more idiots to pay that much for a civic.

the RR's got a bump shifter

now $40k is alot, but that tranny would be a gem if you could get your hands on one

turn the low 13 sec K-swapped EG's into high 11 cars

Back