08' Cobalt ss anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eh, say what you want about a Cobalt, but I still don't trust most GM products further than I can throw them.

2007 Cobalt SS --- Curb Weight: 2991 lbs.

2007 Civic Si --- Curb Weight: 2886 lbs.

Hondas aren't exactly slim anymore either

2007 Cobalt SS --- Curb Weight: 2991 lbs.

2007 Civic Si --- Curb Weight: 2886 lbs.

Hondas aren't exactly slim anymore either

I dont think anybody was comparing the Cobalt to a NEW civic SI.

im just saying... slim cars arent really around any more... unless you are able and willing to drop $50k on a lotus elise/exige or an ariel atom or something of that sort

hell even the 2007 Yaris is almost 2300 lbs... that car should be no more than 1900

im just saying... slim cars arent really around any more... unless you are able and willing to drop $50k on a lotus elise/exige or an ariel atom or something of that sort

hell even the 2007 Yaris is almost 2300 lbs... that car should be no more than 1900

You can thank manufacturers' aspirations of a "5 star crash rating" to blame.

5 star crash ratings are part of why Darwinism is failing :(

we need to stop trying to make everything so damn safe and get back to letting idiots kill themselves off for the greater good of the species

Amen twice E!

Light cars need to make a STRONG comeback. like 1200lbs strong... with 100hp 1liter 6valve motors... and ONLY 5speed manual transmissions. No power steering, but you could have optional ac. Entire production cost of the car would be like 1300 bucks and they could EASILY sell them 6grand new and still make enough money to tell the Unions to fuck off. Want it to be safe?Build a cage, wear a helmet and 5 point harness to work.

damn... if only there were ever a car that came close to that description......

Last edited:
Back