08' Cobalt ssT?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

props for the man trans, but i drove a cobalt as a rental while i was cooking up my next car; while it wasn't this zippy thing, it did feel like i was going to fly off the road on interstate onramps, and i felt like i was sitting in a liftkit truck, the stance was so high. guess i'd rent this one to see the improvements, but i don't wanna have to total my rex to do it ;)

they're probably sick of gettin ripped on by NA Hondas

nice. .9G and 0-60 in 5.6 second.

Definitely respectable.

There is still something wrong with it...

It's a chevy! :puke:

If it was rwd I might look at it. I still want a trailblazer SS. A loaded one (37k) has a lower sticker price than my last truck did.

how are you gonna hate on chevy...out of all the domestics, they are the only people that make shit id drive.

“The horsepower will put a permanent smile on your face and you’ll find yourself wanting to turn around and zip through your favorite stretch of twisty roads again.”

epic fail.

Although I agree if I *was* to buy a domestic car it would probably be a Chevy, I have seen way too many problems with them to ever warrant buying one. At the shop I used to work for a few years ago my boss' dad purchased a brand new Silverado that blew the steering box gaskets out at 9,000 miles. Dealer replaced it under warranty, and a few thousand miles later it did it again. Not to mention all the trucks I've rebuilt entire front ends on with less than 100k miles on them. But I suppose I'm a little bit biased to all that owning Honda's since I was 16 :lol:

I don't know.... Chevy's trucks are pretty bullet proof these days.

My dad's ex business partner still tows his boat with his 2000 chevy silverado 1500. It has 270k on it and I'm talking he did all the way into deep B.C. on our last big vacation. My father's 2002 hd2500 has 90k, and not a single problem, besides just recently replacing the tires, yes the bfgoodrich t/a's got to 80k before being needed to replace, and my dad is a maintenance freak.

When I was a warehouse/material manager at a union electrical shop frosh year of college, we had over 50 chevy's, all with well over 150k, and they drove like brand new. I had my own 02 quad cab with 120k and it was almost brand new feeling, and supposed on the service jacket, had not a single thing done besides routine maintenance and scheduled service. Pretty beast if you ask me.

i think we can blame norcal's problem with chevy on SMOG and the BAR.

:)

Back