08 honda civic si front end noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not too sure if this is in the right spot. I have an 08 civic si coupe. I have a noise in the front end when turning the wheel at a stop or very low speeds. The noise sounds like the inner tie rods popping. Seems to happen more when its cold out. I have checked the front end every oil change and nothing seems loose. I called honda to see if there were any tsb or messeges for this concern( other then loosing the steering rack bushings and retorque which I tried). They told me no. The only thing I havent checked was the sway bar end links. I want to get the car on a drive on lift with someone inside to the rock the wheel. I havent had a chance to do this yet and the noise is driving me crazy. I just wanted to see if someone else has had this issue and could help me out. The car has 50,xxx miles on it.
Thanks

Bushings, Controls arms, Wheel bearings, Sway bar, Ball joints, Strut plates. These are the things that usually cause turning noises. Eleminate one at a time as possible and you should be able to figure it out.

Did you recently hit something? Pot hole you didnt see, or curbed the car. Any type of info like that helps too. No ones here to judge, but knowing this stuff helps narrow it down.

I havent hit anything with the car or ran anything over. I shake the car down every 4000 miles and cant seem to find anything loose. So I was leaning towards the sway bar links. Im going to try and get it on the alignment rack at work. I hope with someone in the car rocking the wheel I will be able to find the source of the noise.

One of the esiest ways to pinpoint swaybar links. Spray them with some WD-40 and go for a drive. Do all the things that cause noise. If it goes away.... Bingo. Found it. If not, then on to the next thing.

if it dose it at a stop have someone turn the wheel while your out on the ground hearing for it

You can hear it but without it being in the air its hard to pin point the noise. I was hoping someone has had a similar issue. Once I get it figured out I will post on what the repair was.
Thanks for the help guys

noise was coming from the steering rack. the hold down bolts for the rack are not torqued properly. honda has a message for this concern.

Back