09 GTR tested..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

30K lets see, I would save some more cash and get a ccx.

b has a point, this is why the 300zx died off and the rx7 turbo and a few others. too much money for the brand name, only enthusits for the most part will buy the car. bmw, porsche etc have the status that people with that type of money will want in my opinion. example my boss just purchased a 911, i started telling him about the engine etc and hes like huh all i know is its a porsche.

sick car though!

And on the heels of this testing, the Corvette ZR1 specs were released.

Its supposed to make about 670hp and be a freak.

Also, B to compare this to an ordinary Nissan is asinine. Its an infiniti at worst and the japs have caught up to and exceeded the germans in some respects.

The gt-r is a hard comparison to an m3.

It's a purebread race car. The m3 is a luxury sports car.

A prototype-now production. A 3 series.

If hyundai produced it, I'd still think this thing was bad effing ass. Just like I do with the new zr-1 coming out.

30K lets see, I would save some more cash and get a ccx.

Yeah but the 30k towards the Mustang will be a lot better "investment" than putting 30k into a crx.

don't get me a wrong, i'm sure its a dope car. it's just vastly over-priced, even for the inifiniti line.

at 3800 lbs, it's a FAR cry from a 'pure bred race car'.
with bluetooth and in-dash navi, its a far cry from a 'pure bred race car'.

those who can afford it, won't want it.
those who want it, can't afford it.

i give it 3 years, tops.

don't get me a wrong, i'm sure its a dope car. it's just vastly over-priced, even for the inifiniti line.

i give it 3 years, tops.
good point and all true

i give it 3 years, tops.

dont forget, its BuFugly too.

I hate flappy paddel shifting crap. give me a true manual trans anyday.

I agree...but in this case... I have to disagree. No man can shift faster than an automatic transmission, its been proven scientifically. Just wont happen. I would rather have that auto with the launch control...i would 60' everything in sight on street tires

it needs to loose a little weight

but if I could afford one it would be mine

The owner of the dealership woulda let me fuck his daughter, but he would only let me sit in the Z06...no drivey.

Atleast you got to sit it it. I was at a chevy dealer getting some mtf and when I opened the door on the zo6 they shooed me away from the car. They are asking 85k (way over sticker) for the car, and it's been there for damn close to a year.

AWD --- dont care
near supercar performance --- dont care

and oh yeah...

IT'S A FUCKING SKYLINE!!! --- dont care

its just another bloated ass nissan... just happens to have a powerful engine

i give it 3 years, tops.

Ahaha @ you guys and curb weights of cars. Believe me, until they come out with a new technology, everything is only going to increase in size. We demand more cabin room, and the general public demands more safety features, ultimately this results in increased weights.

Look at what any 3 series weighs. Look at what the M weighs. Now look at the performance figures of this car; nothing BMW has can hold a candle to it in terms of performance. 3.3 second 0-60? 1/4mile in under 12seconds? Look at the skidpad numbers. It set a record on the 'burg. It beats out the corvette which was the best buy for the money.

Because you're a brand snot, doesn't mean that the car isn't going to sell... This thing will be sold out. Those who realize that technology is where its at are going to be the ones that ultimately drive the status of this car up. Its like computer geeks before the tech boom. Wasn't very cool to be a nerd then, was it? Now when everyone sees the world turns around technology, status barriers are broken down and everyone eventually says, "wow look at what that could do. thats cool, i want one."

The fact that chevy had to release a new corvette, just to combat this car, before its release date, tells you how much this car is going to shake up the industry. Usually the American manufacturers are behind the ball.

I'm not a GTR whore, or a skyline whore. They never interested me that much, but this car looks like its going to be more than it was cracked up to be originally.

AWD --- dont care
near supercar performance --- dont care

and oh yeah...

IT'S A FUCKING SKYLINE!!! --- dont care

its just another bloated ass nissan... just happens to have a powerful engine

Yeah, and two turbochargers.

AWD.

Revolutionary launch control.

Porsche quality brakes.

Oh yeah, and the interior doesn't look too shabby either.

Outperforms virtually all porsches and most other supercars.

Did you guys not bother to read the article at all, or what?

awd - i don't care about, at least not on this type of car. i can't see myself having a $70,000 winter beater. even I'M not that snobbish. :X
launch control - don't give a shit. drag racing is gay.
porsche quality brakes - re-read the article. they said they looked cheap compared to the composite porsche models.
turbochargers - maintenence factor

i'd still take an r33 vspecII over it.

Back