0h n0000s, teh s0l is fux0r3d?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

I'm trying to figure out wtf is wrong with my sol, small little annoying problems...

1.) Sometime cruise control stops working. By this I mean I try to turn it on while driving, and nothing happens. It is totally random, and will work fine 5 minutes later, or the next time I drive.

2.) Low idle/slightly fluctuating idle...It seems that it wants to go to like 300-400 rpms when at a light or some shit like that...it like to jump around from 300-700 sometimes, like it's getting impatient or some shit.

3.) Radar Detector dosen't come on sometimes as a late. I have it grounded into the fuse box, with the other wire going to an accesory (sun roof fuse) It always worked fine, I did the same thing in my Civic, and it worked. I will not plug it into the lighter as I don't want fucking wires going everywhere, it looks tacky as hell.

4.) Stereo starts to sound shitty at like 75-80+ mph....It dosen't skip, it just starts to sound like ass for some reason--I roll up the back window an it's fine, what the hell.

5.) Engine suck ass, feels like it wants to die constantly, slow as shit.....Wait, I just found the problem for that one--turns out it is a D-series.

I have the solution for your electronics probs. Try updating your ground wire, it might help, ie make sure the negative term on battery isnt corroded, replace the main ground wire from the battery, what u are talking about with ur speakers is 'road noise' it happens when u have a bad ground, it comes through the speakers, my freind adam had it and it sounded like a ringing type of deal and it went with the RPM's of his motor, he updated the ground and it fixed it. Try that and see if it works. Notice how all your probs have something to do with electronics or ground. but make sure ur battery terms are tight and secure.

Clean your intake, sell your car, buy a del sol VTEC (I will be doing this sortly), adjust your idle screw, buy a better radio, dont speed, throw out radar dector because it does jack shit for detecting Lazer.

Back