1/4 mile time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGboosting10

Hey guys. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of numbers I'd be puttin up in the 1/4. I got a '92 dx eg hatch. Full interior with an LS turbo. LSD LS transmission 6 puck clutch. Tuned on English with 10 psi. Aftermarket turbo manifold, injectors, Hks bov and 3" exhaust with high flow cat. Thanks

Maybe we could wager some sort of guess of what your car could run if we had some dyno numbers.

But if you have ever been to the track and actually raced, you know that ETs can vary quite a lot in a night, with the same car and driver.

I can tell you with certainty that if you drive your pile off of a cliff, it will run a 9 second flat.

I can tell you with certainty that if you drive your pile off of a cliff, it will run a 9 second flat.

Did I miss something?

If you have accurate dyno numbers and a weight for your car, you can usually guess pretty close. But, there a lot of variables.

Did I miss something?

If you have accurate dyno numbers and a weight for your car, you can usually guess pretty close. But, there a lot of variables.

It takes a body roughly 9 seconds to free fall 400m (1/4 mile).

then practice a bunch and get some drag slicks

215whp in a hatch: (my estimates)

Mid-high 13's with regular street tires. (13.5-13.7)

Low 13's on drag radials.

High 12's on slicks.

These times are with a good driver and efficient 60ft times.

I'm around 205whp NA K20 swap and hit 13.8's with street tires and 2.2-2.3 60ft times around 2580lb with driver. .

Last edited:
Why is everyone so obsessed with slicks?

Drag radials WILL dead hook with 215 horse and theyll be lighter. Meaning youll be faster at the big end.

Why is everyone so obsessed with slicks?

Drag radials WILL dead hook with 215 horse and theyll be lighter. Meaning youll be faster at the big end.

:rimshot:

Lighter than slicks? Not so sure about that. Also I always spun on bfg's drag radials with under 200whp on the launch. Less spin but won't hook like slicks.

I still don't understand why people are so obsessed with 1/4 mile times. It's just an American idea to try and drive a car for a 1/4 mile at a time. It just goes to show how quickly we get bored of things. (Which however doesn't explain Nascar, you would think rednecks would get bored of it.) But from what I've heard a lot of "fans" go just to see the "big one" (Or so I've heard).

What's wrong with American ideas? Fuck the metric system!!!

I ain't racing no 0.402336km race!

Last edited:
Slicks will help the time of a LS Integra with bolt ons. How much? Well....not as much as a 350whp Integra but it will be faster than drag radials. I've seen 7/10ths of a second improvement (drag radials versus 22" slicks) out of a hatch with a bolt on GSR swap (14.2's to 13.5's). But....the technic is always a factor. I've seen a DX EK coupes with bolt ons and the driver thought he needed to launch at 4K on street tires and he wonders why they are hitting 2.5 60ft times lol. And then they look at me like I'm smoking crack when I say they should launch at 2750-3000 rpm's to see if it improves.

I can dead hook a Yugo on street tires if I launch at idle.

I want to dead hook as close to VTEC as I can. That's a good launch in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back