1/4 mile time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anybody know about LS motors? Should I throw a Vtec head on there? Or should I build my LS which is better for boost??

You need to rev a VTEC head higher to see the gains. It will make you faster but your bottom end can only handle so much high revs before it gets upset. Others will tell you that Frankensteins will last. I disagree.

I say cams/head work/injectors/TB and new dyno tune would be my choice.

BFG's are fuckin garbage. MT's, M&H's, Nittos and Hoosier are the tires to run. While drag radials might not be much lighter, 1 pound of rotating mass is a ton.

To launch a car you only need to rev it as high it needs to not bog on the hit. So yes, that's either just under VTEC or just over the engagement. And a good DR at the proper inflation shouldn't have a problem with that.

BFG's are fuckin garbage. MT's, M&H's, Nittos and Hoosier are the tires to run. While drag radials might not be much lighter, 1 pound of rotating mass is a ton.

To launch a car you only need to rev it as high it needs to not bog on the hit. So yes, that's either just under VTEC or just over the engagement. And a good DR at the proper inflation shouldn't have a problem with that.

Bfg's are garbage but are better than street tires.

Why would I buy MT or other high end drag radials when I can buy inexpensive slicks with better results? To me it sounds silly to waste money like that, hell buy slightly used slicks for half the price.

You need to rev a VTEC head higher to see the gains. It will make you faster but your bottom end can only handle so much high revs before it gets upset. Others will tell you that Frankensteins will last. I disagree.

I say cams/head work/injectors/TB and new dyno tune would be my choice.

Just don't rev past 7800 rpm, seems to be the sweet spot for stock bottom ends.
If you want to gain rpms on a LS vtec then you need to upgrade rods.

You know I'm one of them people that say franks work! Lol

franks can definitely work if done right. cheapest way to make more power will be to boost the LS you already have. not saying going LSVtec wont make more power on boost. and BFG drag radials arent the best, but i use them on my integra for street driving. they work a LOT better than normal street tires for sure. I know they arent the best, but i do ok with them. i feel that drag radials are only necessary above about 260whp though.

Bfg's are garbage but are better than street tires.

By a very slim margin. If your basing you opinion on DR's from your experience with BFG's, I highly recommend that you try M&H's. Just to see what its like on the street. Watch CL for a set with a few passes on em.

Why would I buy MT or other high end drag radials when I can buy inexpensive slicks with better results? To me it sounds silly to waste money like that, hell buy slightly used slicks for half the price.

That's what I'm saying tho, you won't have better results with the slicks. And last time I looked DR's were about the same price as slicks. All I'm sayin, is give a good set a shot. They work.

and BFG drag radials arent the best, but i use them on my integra for street driving. they work a LOT better than normal street tires for sure. I know they arent the best, but i do ok with them. i feel that drag radials are only necessary above about 260whp though.

I've met quite a few ppl that have BFG's for DD'ing, and MT's or Hoosiers for weekends.

Back