1/4 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
Does any one know what a stock 97 del sol vtec runs?????
looked everywhere but it only shows it for a '94.
Wanna know cause i am takin my car to the track soon, and see how i compare with some mods to stock.
thanks

Im pretty sure its the same as a 94. 94-97 del sols are the same. If its a DOHC then it runs somewhere in the mid 15's depending on driving. If its the Si with the sohc vtec then probably somewhere in the 16's

i would say 14.5 with decent tires and weather conditions.

interesting... i've never driven a b-series let alone drag raced one at a strip... just going off of weight and hp/tq rates.

well since this guy wants to get a baseline on his car when it's completely stock, i suggest going up to the strip and running it. then put whatever misc. parts on it and go run it again...

...and that's precisely why there's so much misinformation on forums.

If you don't know what you're talking about, kindly stay out of the thread.

jus to let you know my cars not got much just intake headers and catback.
ive read that it is 2255lbs and also 2552lbs, but that seems heavy for such a small car. the base hp is 160 and tq is 111.

Recently ive decided to sell it, mabye get a 95 to 97 'teg, i need more room,
do you have any other suggestions on what to get. im willin to spend about 8 grand, and if the car is only 5 or so ill put the rest into parts.
with that said what should i get???
thanks

there is no way a del sol is 2500 lbs.. 2255 sounds about right.. but i'm guessing it'll run a low to mid 15

I drove my buddy's 95 del sol. It had the b16, my best pass was 15.40
His best run was a 15.62 or something like that.

Then he boosted it, and ran slower.. kid you not.. 15.8. Nice tuning eh not to mention 5 psi and an ebay turbo kit ^.^

Back