1/4th Mile Time for a '92 Honda Civic VX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chuy2002

with a 2001 Integra LS? Should I at least be able to hang with a 2001 Civis SI? Well, if anyone with an LS in a hatchback ever raced one let me know how it turned out...Thanks

i dont know about 1/4 mile times but you would definitely have a power-to-weight advantage.

92 vx hb: 2178lbs w/140hp (B18)

2003 civic si: 2744lbs w/160hp

take it to the track and find out, that is too vague of a question.......

You might be able to beat one and you might get smoked by one, it all depends.

Milan

well, i drive an Ef b18a so its a little different but i lose a little Hp but gain a little in weight so it might even out
i live in canada so the b16 powered civic is an SiR

as it goes i took my manager from work who has a 2000 SiR to the track

we both have i/h/e, it wasnt even a show, by the time he started to pull i was at least 5-6 car lengths infront and won by .52 seconds if i remember. which is sad. problem is my car is fully gutted, he had full interior. i dont like to predict races, but gut your car, get a good launch and i doubt ull lose, unless u shift like my mom.

hey sleeper CRX thanks for the info.....

WHat kind of intake and exhaust do u have in your'e car by the way? Ure running the stock computer? How do u plan on reaching a 13s car all motor LS?

well, yes i use stck ECU, i use a short ram intake with the air box pulled out and a foot or 2 of dryer tubing running down to the bumper then up to the intake, costs alot less than CAI and does the same thing, also helps to get cold air into the engine bay. im also running 2.25" exhaust that goes out the right side on my CRX not the left, so i get a straight back design so i dont have a bend to restrict my flow. arospeed canister...:( anyway, my Ef is also ALOT lighter than ur EK, if u take out everything like i did they might be closer but i'll still have a weight edge, im not to sure how ill hit 13's. probably the following:

2.25" collector 4-2-1 header ( clearance is a problem)yes they make 2.25" collectors, and they are rad
BIG ass cams:)
B says not to get a FPR, but i heard from my friend running a GSR/T civic that does 11's to get it, and a friend with a type R in civic to get it. so i think i might,
new act HD clutch and pressure plate is coming, then lightening and balancing my flywheel.
also my friend has a chipped LS ecu for higher RPM range and power curve, so im gunna try to get that, but i dont know if i can b/c theres 3 other guys that want it. i doubt that will get me into 13's but it will get me pretty close.

Back