1.5 gets 10mpg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostfreak 417

ok so my buddy has got a civic with a 1.5 in it and its been getting only 10 mpg out of the many things it could be what do you recomend, i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem

not possible............ Did hummer make a 1.5 L?

thats what i was telling him i used to have a dpfi in my std civic till i swapped it to a d16z6 obd1. it got amazing gas mileage, aight il go check this piece!
icon10.gif

tell him to get a tune up. that usually fixes bad mileage.

sounds like that car needs a better driver

ways to improve gas mileage:
stop reving at the cars next to you at red lights
shift out of first every now and then

dude i had a 89 hatch 4 speed it had a header and full catback and i was only getting 200 miles per tank and i didnt no what was wrong with it

did he install an amp or something? drilled in and put a hole in the tank

funny you say that i was puting a fuel pump in a DA one time and couldnt get the tank to come down for nothing and when best buy installed the amp they use really long self tappers and went right in to the tank

funny you say that i was puting a fuel pump in a DA one time and couldnt get the tank to come down for nothing and when best buy installed the amp they use really long self tappers and went right in to the tank

Fyuck BB... Tey can choke on bawls and die

that's why i do all my own work.

Certainly a tune up. Is the check engine light on? Thick black suit around the tail pipe and even up onto the rear bumper?

I had a pontiac back in high school (4 cylinder) that got 8 miles to the gallon.. There was a wire grounding out in the injector wiring, it had worn through the harness and was grounding to the head.. the injectors were on full blast no matter what.

Last edited:
Back