1.5 to 1.8 non vtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ulincy84

I just bought a jdm acura integra motor with 30,000 miles on it and it came with intake manifold, exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, engine harness, all sensors and ecu, no transmission. i am set on find a manual transmission for it now but my question is besides new engine mounts should i be looking at anything else before i attempt to get this motor swap underway? any concerns or problem i might run into? its a 1.8 dohc non vtech motor.

any responce of knowlege would be greatly appriciated,
Brandon

well its a good thing you didnt get a vtech motor cause you would have had a bad ass house phone

Originally posted by sireg@Oct 12 2004, 05:58 PM
well its a good thing you didnt get a vtech motor cause you would have had a bad ass house phone
[post=401903]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont know if thats a good or bad thing but my intentions for getting the non vtech was to eventually turbo charge it and i have heard many problems when you force induce air into a vtech motor you run into aot of problems and alot of the time the vtech doesn't even work so i went with this motor so i wont have that problem when i decide to turbo charge it

wow you can't take a hint. it's VTEC...

dunno why but that is the #1 most annoying thing...

I believe you're going to need a hydro B series 5 speed, of course I'm taking a 50/50 guess on this... and I usually blow 50/50 guesses.

as far as mounts I'll let someone else guide you through that, or you could

:search: ;)

Originally posted by Ulincy84@Oct 12 2004, 08:47 PM
I just bought a jdm acura integra motor with 30,000 miles on it and it came with intake manifold, exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, engine harness, all sensors and ecu, no transmission. i am set on find a manual transmission for it now but my question is besides new engine mounts should i be looking at anything else before i attempt to get this motor swap underway? any concerns or problem i might run into? its a 1.8 dohc non vtech motor.

any responce of knowlege would be greatly appriciated,
Brandon
[post=401898]Quoted post[/post]​

what kind of civic hatch or coupe or 4dr sedan?

JDM integra motor tells us nothing.

theres at least 7 of them in various formats and non vtec.

i have heard many problems when you force induce air into a vtech motor you run into aot of problems and alot of the time the vtech doesn't even work so i went with this motor so i wont have that problem when i decide to turbo charge it

thats the dumbest thing i ever heard, but considering how you don't want a VTECH motor, i guess i shouldn't be suprised...

if you know what the hell you are doing with the swap, and with FI setups then you won't have problems..

I would advise YOU, to neither attempt a swap, or attempt to turbo a vtec or non-vtec motor...

but to try and help...

we need to know the year and model of your motor, what ecu you have, what year car you have, what OBD you will be running, etc etc etc...

:angry:
it amazes me how people continue to butcher something as simple as the spelling of honda technology thats like ten years old.

well atleast he didnt go rice and say vetak lol j/p yes it would be nice to spell vtec right for once since it is seen every where specially on here more than 20 million places

after reading your original post.. i really suggest you take it to a shop..throw money at them and tell them wut you want..and in all seriousness, im not trying to be a scum bag

Back