1.5 To A 1.8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Viper

I have an 85 Honda CRX with a 1.5 that I race. A fellow racer has an 85 Prelude with a 1.8. The engines look very simular, except for the fact he has dual carbs.
My question is, do the two engines share the same block? Can I turn my 1.5 into a 1.8, and still pass it off as a 1.5? Is it just a matter of different crankshafts?
Anyone know? :blink:

i h ave similar questions about the 85 crx. i am not new to the intg scene but this is the first crx i have decided to do... easy to build a gsr motor and drop it in my old teg... but here i sit with a motor noone makes parts for that i can find... what about getting parts to drop a b18 into it??? mainly mounts axles and hubs... i dont think the crx units will work...so where do i go to get the stuff i need... besides a lite car like this with a turbo gsr motor aught to scream...

i'd be willing to bet money that the 1.5 and the 1.8 are not the same block at all.

what are the engine codes off both?

It would be better for you to drop in a true gsr and slap on a turbo.

you trick people into racing you by changing displacement(they think you have 1.5L and you really have 1.8L). for a 1.5L to go to 1.8L you need a stroker kit and rebore it.

hasport makes a motor mount kit with all the necessary components
the prelude is a b series but the bastard b series and the crx is the e series so no but you could swap a d series from a 86-89 teg

Originally posted by Viper@May 7 2003, 10:00 PM
I have an 85 Honda CRX with a 1.5 that I race. A fellow racer has an 85 Prelude with a 1.8. The engines look very simular, except for the fact he has dual carbs.
My question is, do the two engines share the same block? Can I turn my 1.5 into a 1.8, and still pass it off as a 1.5? Is it just a matter of different crankshafts?
Anyone know? :blink:

since a B16 is 103lb.s heavier than a D15, i'd say the B18 has a very different block than the D15....so IF you can get 1.8 liters out of your D15, then you can still pass it off as a 1.5 and blow everyone's mind :D

Back