1.6 Turbo exhaust system.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoparMick

i have a 97 civc dx 1.6 non v-tec. I have a t-25 off a 98 GSX and I can get ahold of a stock evo front mount if i want it... but.. what should i do for exhaust. i was told i could take the 1.5 manifold and weld the flange to it but i dont even know what kind of fange i need or anything like that. thats were im stuck... where the turbo bolts to the manifold. any help would be nice thanks,

Mickey.

A really good resource is Homemadeturbo.com

The 1.5L manifold that people always talk about using for a D series engine is the HF/STD manifold. It's basically a log with a central outlet that the catalytic bolts onto from the factory- remove the cat and you have all kinds of room to bolt on a turbo. Most adapter plates are home-brew; the plates bolt up to the turbo, then another set of holes bolts the plate up to the bottom of the manifold. Hit the HMT web site link and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I may have this address wrong, but one popular site that makes CNC adapter plates is Welcome to BMC Racing Products - Welcome to BMC Racing Products . Go to the "adapters" link and you'll find them.

Back