1.8 Acura Into 88 Civic Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i have an 88 civic with a 1.5 liter in it now, but it took a dump on me at 203,000 miles. i got a 91 acura integra 1.8 with a multiport fuel injection system and a GSR trans and my car is not set up for the multiport fuel injection. can anybody help me out with what i need to do to hook up this motor to my car? do i need a wire harness and a computer, or one or the other, or neither. would really apreciate the help asap, need a car to drive.
thanks alot

i forgot to mention that the 1.8 acura motor that i am putting in is a B18A1, i dont no if that will help anyone out, but if u can, please give me some ideas on what to do.

hey man, well #1, no the GSR tranny wont work unless its from a b17a which i doubt u have. GSR tranny is hydro ur car is cable, therefor u need a cable tranny. dont go b16a/b17a tranny anyway, ive tried this i was pulling 4300 RPM on the freeway doing 110km/65mph, good for racing, not for practicality. use the LS tranny. #2, u will need to swap ur DPI to MPFI, theres many posts on here on how to do it, just do a search.Next i just went through the swap with someone else on other post, heres the Link To Post
next you will need

B series to Ef civic engine mounts ( hasport or hasport like)www.hasport.com
Tranny from 93 and lower integra
Shift linkage from 93 or lower integra OR already chopped hasport shift linkage
Engine ( duh)
Integra ( 90-91 ) wiring harness.
91-90 ECU,
Clutch and speedo cables.

I did mine in 3 days, and it runs fine, with dpi-mpfi should take a novice a week or so to get it all done. good luck, anymore questions let me know.

thanks for the info. i bought the motor for 200 and it only has 15,000 miles on it cuz it was just rebuilt. but i was also told that the tranny was a GSR tranny. i am not to familiar with hondas and acuras, but u r saying that there is no way that tranny is a GSR tranny becuz it is hydro? i no that this tranny is cable becuz it came out of a 1990 crx si. so i already have everything else that i need to put it in, i just wanst sure about the wiring situation. so i am pretty sure the only thing i need is the Integra 90-91 wiring harness, and the Integra 90-91 ECU, is that correct? thanks alot for you help.

ok dude, ur getting urself confused ALOT, a GSR tranny comes from a 94+ Integra GSR, if u are sure that the tranny came from a CRX Si, then its a D series tranny and it wont work. also, look at the front of the tranny, there should be a code like YS1 or something like that. so either way, you cannot use that tranny, go out spend 150 and get urself a 90-93 integra tranny, then u know it will work.

Sleeper, its cool that u think u know it all and everything, but you dont. There is a possibility that the tranny was a 92-3 gsr tranny. its not like those arent availible anymore. there around.

aright sleeper actually u r getting all confused. i was told the tranny is out of a gsr, but i dont no that for a fact. but i do no that the tranny will work becuz i just got the motor and tranny out of a crx, and it all worked fine. so i do no that it will work. ok. and what does it mean if the code does start with YS1....can u tell from just those three letters and numbers what tranny it is?

Back