1" MC too large for a EF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I recently bought a DC Integra booster and master cylinder. It turn's out it's a 1" cylinder. Should I trade this for a 15/16 or will this be fine?

I'm running 91 EX brakes up front(10.3" rotors), 90 Integra rear discs, and about to install Wilwood prop valve.

:werd:

you should just upgrade to an EX master cylinder. It'll bolt right up to your stock booster, the lines are in the exact same place, and it's a 15/16. Obviously a 1" is better but the 15/16 would suit you perfectly well and you don't have to go through the hassle of swapping boosters. Just my opinion though.

:werd:

you should just upgrade to an EX master cylinder. It'll bolt right up to your stock booster, the lines are in the exact same place, and it's a 15/16. Obviously a 1" is better but the 15/16 would suit you perfectly well and you don't have to go through the hassle of swapping boosters. Just my opinion though.

double :werd:

I was going for the 90-91 EX, but got a steal on this one($25). I guess it wouldn't matter anyways since the lines are going to be redone: cross brake system converted to a regular front/rear split, and a wilwood proportioning valve installed. My main concern was pedal effort but since I guess it doesn't matter, I'll just stick with it.

But they also have larger front brake calipers.

It's gonna be too big. Tell you what you can do, mail it to me, and I'll send you the 13/16 that's in my CRX...it should be the proper size for you.

:D

:werd: Wil's 13/16 is better than any master cylinder on the planet. It's really a 3" master cylinder in disguise.

Pedal effort with the 1" MC will be good. ITRs have em, why shouldn't we all?

If you up to integra sized brakes, a 1" MC is good but I would definitely not want to run an ITR MC on a crx hf with stock brakes. If you go too big, then your brake pedal will turn into an on off switch. I like feeling in my brake pedal. A little pedal travel is good.

Back