1.) Swap 2.) Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIvic_1.8t

I had originally planned on building up a spare motor for turbo duty and putting it in my teg. I ended up wrecking the teg, and short on money so I bought the 90 Si, and planned to put swap the B18B1 into that.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how much stuff I'm gonna have to buy, to put in this combonation and make it work. The part that i am particularly unsure of is OBD and what not.

My B1 is out of a 94 integra (OBD1). How do I go about using an ecu for this engine in the 89 si??? Are there adapter harnesses for the engine harness to the car? how about car to computer?

What I'd like to do is get the engine swapped first, then go about the completing the turbo a little later. I plan on using Hondata for the turbo, but should I use that for the swap alone???. What I'm trying to figure out, is if I can run the engine in it's near stock configuration in the car with a stock computer, or would it be easier to use a hondata unit?
If so, how does that change what I will need as far as an ecu, and what it will take to install it? (plug right in, splice wires, use adapter harness)

I'd like to use this and transmission, since I already have it, and it's torn down and ready for rebuilding. However, I'm holding off on rods and pistons till I get this thing mapped out.

for not just use a engine harness from a 90-91 Integra along with its computer... buy a mount kit from hasport and modify the linkages or buy pre-modded nes.... easy as 1, 2, 3. Have fun, good luck.

^^EDIT^^

I overlooked the year... the trans that is on the b1 is hydro correct? Well you either need to locate a Cable unit from a salvage yard or buy a cable to hydro conversion kit from Hasport. Damn sorry.

1.) will a 90-91 B18a engine harness work right on a b18b1 (i would think so, don't know for sure)?

2.) Will that 90-91 B18a harness plug DIRECTLY into the vehicle harness of a 89 Civic Si?

3.) Will the 90-91 B18a ECU (p-X?) plug DIRECTLY into the vehicle harness under the dash (albeit some wire pin location changes)?

Originally posted by SIvic_1.8t@Feb 17 2004, 01:02 AM
1.) will a 90-91 B18a engine harness work right on a b18b1 (i would think so, don't know for sure)?

2.) Will that 90-91 B18a harness plug DIRECTLY into the vehicle harness of a 89 Civic Si?

3.) Will the 90-91 B18a ECU (p-X?) plug DIRECTLY into the vehicle harness under the dash (albeit some wire pin location changes)?

1.) YES - There may be a few sensors not used.

2.) YES - same OBD plugs are the same.

3.) PR4 is the code, yes it will plug into the harness, but it is not under the dash its on the floor board on the passenger side. There are no changes to be made to the pin-out becuase they are the same OBD. Make sure it's an OBD-0 ECU... to make sure of this it will have a little window on the top panel where the ECU flashes it's trouble code.

Alright, Thanks for straightening that out.

Sorry i tried to cross-reference this...are 92-93 integras OBD0 or OBD1? I've got a line on a 93 harness and PR4.

am I still gonna need the PR4 when I decided to run hondata? Or could I just use it with the SI ecu (which would be PXX?)
How bout the Distributor?

GOD! I feel like my f'in head is gonna explode. OF course I can't find a comprehensive listing of year model cars, with engine, tranny and ecus code listing! Sorry, I'm getting all mixxed up! :rawr:

Back