1 word.... WOW!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
twincharged d-series.. whaaaa??

Fully built AWD EG Reinforced wagovan tranny + GT28/40 - Honda-Tech

IMG_1378-1.jpg

the cost of novelty and originality is outrageous. a turbo b-series would be faster, easier, and cost wayyyyy less.

I don't see how it will make any more power than if just turbo'd. The blower looks like an eaton m62, which is only efficient to about 250whp on a b series. They just don't flow that much air. I think it will be a beast down low, and then actually actually be a bottleneck in the system at high rpm's. Now if the guy built it into a 2 stage system where both boost at low rmp's, then a valve closes and only routes through the turbo. That would be innovative and work well.

I don't see how it will make any more power than if just turbo'd. The blower looks like an eaton m62, which is only efficient to about 250whp on a b series. They just don't flow that much air. I think it will be a beast down low, and then actually actually be a bottleneck in the system at high rpm's. Now if the guy built it into a 2 stage system where both boost at low rmp's, then a valve closes and only routes through the turbo. That would be innovative and work well.

wire it similar to a vtec crossover. interesting.....

And I have a supercharger sitting in my garage, the cash for a turbo, and lots of boredom. hrm....

It seems like the guy has been doing his math, at least if you read about all the work he is doing on the tranny. I'm sure it's the same with his set up.

holy crap.....the only single cam i would like to own.....

This isn't a new idea. A lot of people are running twin charged systems.

a lot of people have twin turbo setups as well but I still stop and gawk a them. plus as they state most feature turbos feeding superchargers while this one the opposite. And a D Series!?

As long as the supercharger can push more air than the turbo, the supercharger will work.

There's tons of math involved, and I think I'm going to read through this build just as an exercise in the math. :D

Back